Notices

Thread: another happy/ sad week.

1. another happy/ sad week. 
    here we are again
    new lap record at the TT to Michael Dunlop, and Rossi wins again at Catalunya.

week spoiled by the sad news of the deaths to Luis Salom from Moto2 practice friday although Rossi and Marquez did shake hands and speak.

Dwight Beare in the sidecars race and Paul Shoesmith in solos practice Saturday races.
    Dean Martin was killed during pre TT classic races

Billy Redmain at Olivers Mount and Malachi Mitchell Thomas in the NW200 are two others this year to loose their lives.

RiP all they were all doing what they loved, lets hope there are no more.

They live and die for road racing, they won't be the last Sadly but I hugely respect their right to take the risks.

RIP to them, but they/we all know the risks and they/we wouldn't have it any other way.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

It's the nature of the sport. Road racing if you come off you don't just slide away onto nice flat gravel you could hit walls, lampposts or any other obstacles at 200mph.
    Wheelers it's so sad to see so many deaths when listed out

Its a difficult one to stomach with so many lives taken early, RIP. But as rightly pointed out they know the risks, accept that and go racing for the love of it.

I will add, Ian Bell also lost his life this year . Ian was a sidecar driver, his son was passenger and escaped with minor injuries. a fellow bike shop owner from Yorkshire and ex winner of the races. last one hopefully for this year. and for a while. RIP one and all, the rest of us ride safe.

RIP.
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!