Notices

Thread: More Anti-bike Efforts

Hybrid View

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post

The court ruling overturning the penalty fine imposed on the parents who took their child on holiday during term time, being a case in point. I’m sure other LAs will be following this story closely to see if there is a legal challenge, and whether or not this unprecedented ruling, (as far as I am aware) is upheld.
    Took my two youngest out of Hardenhuish&Kington st michael 3 days early last week, the flights to Croatia were £77 on Wednesday, and £320 on the Friday night, wrote to both schools explaining what i was doing, both said they were not happy, but under new LA guidelines, they would not follow it up, as up to 5 days in any 6 month period is ok, neither will be adversely affected by missing 3 days school

I hope there is enough anger at this injunction in Harlow to challenge it properly. It's ludicrous to raise an injunction to try and deter things that are already illegal. If you catch someone speeding or a bunch of youths driving around dangerously without insurance for example, just nick them.

The council did clarify that it wasn't intended to stop groups of motorists riding together in general but unfortunately whatever the intention driving in convoy is now illegal in Harlow. It actually applies to all motor vehicles as well, not just bikes.