Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
All a bit too formal and regimental and not for me. But I understand the reasons for the proposal and it is just my personal opinion. If it is the democratic will of the Wiltshire bikers to wear armbands then that is fair enough and I respect that.
You are funny Ken ;-)
I think you maybe missing the point (on purpose? ) it's not anything to do with formality, being part of a gang, or being subjugated by the our glorious (but un-voted for) leader ;-)
It's simply a way that when I pull up to a junction on a busy ride-out I will know for sure that the guy marking the junction is with us and not another group.

I will also know that if I come across a guy in front of me and he's not wearing an armband I can overtake him (or her) in a reckless fashion and they won't be shouting at me on the forum that evening :-)
If he (or she) is one of us, I can happily follow them knowing that I'm on the right road.

I don't think "democratic will" will come into it (I can't imagine James will be seeking a vote) it's just whether or not you personally wish to be helpful to your fellow riders, especially to the new ones who don't know us.

Hope to see you on some ride-outs this summer Ken, with or without an arm band ;-)