About twenty of us had a great ride-out to Wales on Sunday, great weather, brilliant roads and as always really good company.
Since we have been on Facebook, we have attracted many new riders on our rides which is great, the downside though is that on a Sunday in Wales when there are masses of riders and other ride-outs happening, you get yourself behind someone and you have no idea if he is with us or not!
Although on Sunday, the junction markers and back-marker did a great job (and as far as I'm aware none left their post early) we still managed to lose a group of five !
I suspect they simply followed a rider or group of riders who weren't with us, it was very easily done.
I came to a T junction with a pub on the side and bikers everywhere, I looked at the marker and didn't recognise him but assumed it was "one of us" (it was) but it might not have been.

Now I hate being regimented or told what to do or wear but I'm now wondering if an armband would be a good idea.

It doesn't have to be printed or flashing LED but just enough to be able to identify each other.
They cost about £1.50 each so there is a cost implication, but I can't see anybody objecting to buying one from the club if it could be organised, if sold at the start of a ride-out the seller wouldn't want £30 worth of loose change!

I would only be for this if it was voluntary (don't like "rules") but I think it may be a good idea.
Remember you are not buying one for yourselves, you are buying one to help others on the ride, and I know we all would want to do that ;-)

I'll now leave it up to you to tell me how wrong I am......
:-)