Notices

Thread: Morrison's Warminster....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Morrison's Warminster.... 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    ....Are insisting motorcyclists remove their helmets when they use the petrol pumps.
    This also includes riders using the 'pay at pump' facility.
    According to the assistant, it is so they can tell if riders are old enough to use a petrol pump and not a security thing. (!? haven't you got to be over 16 to use a petrol pump?)
    Allegedly, they will also be asking this of people dressed in 'hoodies' or burqas to comply as well. (good luck with that one!)

Platinum Member
    Last time i was at a pump and they wouldn't turn it on, i gave them the bird, threw the hose on the floor and rode off. It has to be a 'local' directive, as the lads in Chippenham never ask, even if i go in and ask for an air token after. Complain to Morrisons head office https://your.morrisons.com/Contact-Us/ tell them you felt really humiliated, you'll get a voucher for some pies probably.

Under age? You do have to be 16 to use a petrol pump, I can't think of any powered vehicle you can you use on the road under the age of 16

If you are paying at the pump, really what business is it of theirs?

cheers for the heads-up, thats one petrol station I'll avoid. I don;t mind taking my helmet off if I've got to go into the kiosk, but not for the pay at pump.

Diamond Member
    Please don't shoot me down in flames as I'm not making a judgement either way. Merely playing devil's advocate and throwing food for thought into the mix.

If I had stolen a bike, I would make a point of filling it up at a service station which I know does not have a helmet removal policy in place. Thus ensuring I could not be identified on CCTV at a later date, after making my getaway on a biker's prized possession.
    Last edited by redken1; 29-04-16 at 09:21 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Please don't shoot me down in flames as I'm not making a judgement either way. Merely playing devil's advocate and throwing food for thought into the mix.

If I had stolen a bike, I would make a point of filling it up at a service station which I know does not have a helmet removal policy in place. Thus ensuring I could not be identified on CCTV at a later date, after making my getaway on a biker's prized possession.
    1984 is real, and you're the last person i expected of condoning it.

Diamond Member
    Mitch, read my post again - I haven't condoned anything.

It has been mooted elsewhere that someone should organise a ride in to such forecourts. Get enough bikes to use every pump, and all refusing to remove helmets. If no fuel is forthcoming, stay there until the rozzers arrive and throw the peeps out.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

I Have a plastic Viking Helmet from Mini runs 20 years ago, I am going to ride over on my modern Vespa 300 ABS Traction Control, ETC with it under my seat, take of my helmet, then don my Viking Helmet once I fill up, wonder if they will serve me?

Or simply just take your helmet off..pay for your fuel and be on your way.
    So much simpler than trying to be an irritant.
    I'm sure a petrol station will not mourn the loss of a biker putting in his three gallons...
    And any protest to block up a forecourt simply pisses off innocent drivers who will most probably have little sympathy with bikers they encounter on the road which is in nobodies interest especially ours..