Notices

Thread: One man's racehorse is another man's donkey.

Threaded View

1. One man's racehorse is another man's donkey. 
    Diamond Member
    Rant time. This one aimed at a MCN journalist.
    Have you ever listened to the commentary of a football match or boxing bout on the radio, and then after watching it on TV later, thought, what sporting event was the commentator at?

Well, I was reading a short review on the new offering from Yamaha, the MT-10. The following MCN extract made me think, what bike was the journalist riding? ”The spec sheet certainly suggests that it will go a long way to eradicating the memory of the disappointing FZ1.” “Disappointing FZ1?” I accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't recognise his negative criticism leveled at the FZ1.

I can guess what you are thinking - I am being defensive because I own one. Not at all, rarely have I kept a bike this long (6 years) during my 40 years of riding bikes. Yep, it is that good. Of course it has flaws - what bike doesn't, but it is a brilliant all round do it all motorcycle.

I know it is unfair to draw a comparison between all (many) the bikes I have owned over that period, because technology moves on all the time. However, taking this factor into account, it is up there with the best of them, including the iconic CBR 600 and pre VTEC VFR I owned. Awesome power, excellent sharp handling and brakes, not to mention all day comfort in a well put together quality finish. It is many things, but never a ‘disappointment’
    Last edited by redken1; 12-04-16 at 08:39 PM.