Notices

Thread: safety video

Hybrid View

Diamond Member
    lol... I agree with Mr Bignall (in part) there are some tossers out on the road, but like you Mitch, I rarely have people doing life threatening things to me, in fact I can't remember the last time did. Oh yes, about two months ago when someone ran over my foot when I was stationary when he tried to bully me to stop very slow filtering (and he succeeded too) lol. Not life threatening but a little annoying!

I think it's easy to fall into the mind-set of "everybody's trying to kill me - bikers against the world" when in fact (I think) apart from more traffic on the road now, things are about the same as always.
    People still quite often let me pull out and often move over when they see me behind them.

My Top Safety Tip is to ride everywhere like a bat out of hell so as to reduce the likelihood of somebody running into the back of you :-)

Here's a young Gerry trying to mow down a copper but missing.

Attached Images
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

My Top Safety Tip is to ride everywhere like a bat out of hell so as to reduce the likelihood of somebody running into the back of you :-)
    There is some merit in that, car drivers tend to move out of the way much faster when they see some flailing madman flying at them at warp speed.

I got knocked off in 2011, busted shoulder/ribs/wrist, the van driver didn't see me, but it's unlikely he, or any other myopic van driver would be coming onto a bike site to see 'think bike' videos either, post it on Pistonheads, see how much they appreciate it.