Notices

Thread: greetings from oxfordshire

1. greetings from oxfordshire 
    hello, not in Wiltshire but since there doesn't appear to be an Oxfordshire equivalent i hope you won't mind me joining

I often ride in your direction in the summer months, east of here lies London and the various towns to the north of it so going south west is much more pleasant, can't say I'm a big fan of the Cotswold's to the north.

Retired three years ago, one of those deals where older employees are obliged to go first in downsizing not withstanding there now not being a set age for retirement but, after all, I could get a pension as part of the arrangement whereas others wouldn't yet be eligible, it wasn't what I was expecting so it has taken this long to adjust, pathetic as that sounds!

The bikes helped, two similar XJ 600 pre diversions which aren't most people's cup of tea but they are relatively inexpensive, comfortable and I like their frumpy 80's look plus it's good to have some weather protection.

I write for the VJMC periodically and some help with various subjects would be appreciated if anybody feels so inclined, the latest one is about getting through the winter, I know there are many all year bikers but if you don't have to ride through a storm and you have access to a car...that sort of thing. I'll ask for comments/assistance later if that's OK?

Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr Bignall; 08-04-16 at 11:20 AM.

Hi and welcome to WB

All sorts on here and all generally willing to talk about anything
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Welcome to Wiltshire Bikers!
    Always lots to chat about on here!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Welcome Biggers ....

Hello and welcome to the group
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Hello and Welcome