Notices

Thread: Ladies' motorcycle clothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Ladies' motorcycle clothing 
    The wife wants to get a jacket and some trousers. Any recommendations for clothing shops in the Wiltshire/Bristol area? Been up to the mega motorcycle store in Swindon but their ladies' range is pretty limited!

Fowlers have some but not a lot of choice and what is there isn't as protective as men's.

J&S in Bristol is worth a look - they are way more helpful than Fowlers.

You will soon start to understand why so many ladies end up wearing men's kit.

PS tell your wife not to take too much notice of the size labels - bike clothing sizing often bears little resemblance to other clothing sizes.

Love them or loathe them Fowlers in Bristol have a large selection. Also I know it is further than you stipulated but you could always combine it with a sunny ride, Smart Riders in Christchurch have a really good selection of Ladies gear. In my opinion it's the best M/cycle clothing shop I have ever been to.

My wife is a big fan of the Ixon stuff at the mega store. I now have an Ixon jacket, that's served all weather commuting and a crash over the winter, and she's right the stuff is really good.

What size is she? I have some stuff which is like new which I have shall we say 'grown out of' which I'm selling.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Thanks everyone. Will take a look at those places.

BB, she's quite small (5" 4') and wears size 8-10 in normal clothes.

If you know what size you want the Triumph kit is excellent. All mine has come from Ebay, last years colours at knockdown price. I bought textile trouser and jacket 5 years ago for £120, wear them winter with the quilted liners in on my Daytona, summer with no liners (vents that zip open in 6 places and 2 on the trousers so quite handy when it is warm) but my work clothes underneath on my scoot. They are still completely waterproof

Total Triumph in Taunton always seem to have bargain priced kit, they tend to have plenty on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by tomearp View Post
    Thanks everyone. Will take a look at those places.

BB, she's quite small (5" 4') and wears size 8-10 in normal clothes.
    I may have some Dainese stuff to fit her, I'm only in Trowbridge if you or rather she wants to come down and try it. Jacket and trousers.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Thanks BB, any chance of a few photos? Can PM my email address if that's easier than putting them on here?

yes please and I'll sorth the photos tonight