Notices

Thread: Rat/Bobber/Chop

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    Brilliant, that's the sort of thing I wanted to do. Thanks for posting that.

Just seen this on Gumtree and wondered if it might be any good.... https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...irs/1161009895

Here's a nice example

The guy in the Gumtree ad says he's not sure if the bike runs. If I was undertaking a first project like this , I would want a runner and wouldn't want the project complicated with engine " Foibles " maybe as a first project , a purely aesthetic strip down and conversion would be less overwhelming .

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post

Here's a nice example

The guy in the Gumtree ad says he's not sure if the bike runs. If I was undertaking a first project like this , I would want a runner and wouldn't want the project complicated with engine " Foibles " maybe as a first project , a purely aesthetic strip down and conversion would be less overwhelming .
    Yeah, I think an engine rebuild is a bit much for a first project. The CBX wasn't that cheap considering it's a potential non runner.

The one thing I do have in my favour is that my sisters partner does rebuild 50's Harley's and the odd Norton up in Warwickshire, so he knows his stuff, although he says he knows nothing about modern or Japanese bikes