Notices

Thread: Nick Blackwell

Hybrid View

Diamond Member
    Just watching this on the news.
    Everytime a boxer is seriously hurt in the ring, the whole boxing fraternity go on the defensive, making statements like, "no one wants to see a boxer get hurt in the ring." Let's get real here, what do they think is going to happen when two fit, strong men in their prime, hit each other around the head as hard as they can for over half an hour?

Hope the young local lad makes a full recovery.

It's a very rare occurrence Ken.
    There are more serious injuries and death in football and rugby..and yes Motorcycle racing.

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by wasted_ace View Post
    It's a very rare occurrence Ken.
    There are more serious injuries and death in football and rugby..and yes Motorcycle racing.
    It is a rare occurrence that someone gets seriously hurt and as you say wasted_ace there are many serious injuries and worse in other sports.

I saw Chris Eubank Sr & Jr on TV yesterday and whilst I'm no fan of Eubank Sr and his arrogance I do think the interviewer was really unfair to be trying to blame Eubank Jr for this outcome. He was doing what he's paid to do and Nick's corner and the referee were allowing the fight to continue. You could hear Eubank Sr trying to get the fight stopped and even telling his son to back off a bit. The referee should be the one facing an enquiry.

Just hope that Nick does make a full recovery.