Notices

Thread: Exhaust db's

Threaded View

1. Exhaust db's 
    Aidbox
    Spent the afternoon yesterday fitting a new exhaust system, Black Widow pipes and Delkevic silencer.

Got it all done and looks great. Started it up and it was a great sound but even louder than the broken exhaust I just removed !

Took it out for a run and it does sound good but I don't really like my bike being too loud. Checked the Delkevic website and discovered the silencer I bought on a UK website is not legal in the UK !
    Why would a supplier in the UK supply a non compliant exhaust silencer to a UK customer for a road bike !?!

I'm assuming that some people do use these on the road and just chance it. It surely can't be for track use as they also have limits.

Fortunately Delkevic are very reasonably priced so I've managed to order another, buying both of them still comes in a lot cheaper than OEM silencer.

Just wondered if there was anything I could do with the baffle to try and reduce the noise and mean I have a spare exhaust?

Live and learn eh !

Edit: Can't believe I was considering leaving the baffle out, although I'm interested to know what that sounds like !
    Last edited by Aidbox; 24-03-16 at 05:22 PM.