Notices

Thread: Right you clever lot ???

Hybrid View

Plug looks pretty much textbook, so tends to indicate the mixture is correct.
    If it was running lean and hot you wouldn't get the biscuit colour on the top of the insulator.

Just been having a scout about and there are a few people who have had issues with the fall detection sensor on EFI models. This post is quite informative and gives you some guidance on typical resistance values across the terminals of it. http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...fi-models.html

It does say that when it triggers it will bring on the engine management light so could be a dead end. It also says that removing the switch will allow the engine to run but will also bring the engine management light on.
    Clutching at straws a bit here, but at least it's something else you could rule out if it still happens with it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomearp View Post
    Plug looks pretty much textbook, so tends to indicate the mixture is correct.
    If it was running lean and hot you wouldn't get the biscuit colour on the top of the insulator.

Just been having a scout about and there are a few people who have had issues with the fall detection sensor on EFI models. This post is quite informative and gives you some guidance on typical resistance values across the terminals of it. http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...fi-models.html

It does say that when it triggers it will bring on the engine management light so could be a dead end. It also says that removing the switch will allow the engine to run but will also bring the engine management light on.
    Clutching at straws a bit here, but at least it's something else you could rule out if it still happens with it removed.
    Not clutching at straws at all Tom , I just had a cursory read of the link you posted , and the position of that tip over switch on this bike is under the seat just behind the battery in amongst the other electrical gubbins . Two days before I started having this problem I was in amongst that lot , removing the stock mudguard/taill light/indicator assembly and associated wiring and connector I replaced it with a tailtidy and fitted new tail light and indicators which was supplied with a plug and play wiring harness . It took a fair bit of wrestling and pulling the existing wiring about to route the new wiring to accommodate it all under the seat . I'm thinking and hoping this isn't just coincidence . reading that article , the said switch can be fairly temperamental if buggered about with and maybe I've upset it's position , not knowing what it was . The fella identifies it and describes where it is and what it looks like , so I'll investigate the little B*****D in the morning