Notices

Thread: Right you clever lot ???

Threaded View

Scrap all that !!! I was reading the meter wrong , , but I did take the coil along to triumph for some verification , they tested it and did indeed verify that the coil was duff, so I ordered a new one . Luckily not one at their prices . Got it from Sprint manufacturing in Warminster for around a third of the cost http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/index.php/15/432940/ . I then took both coils to a mate who's an electrical engineer and got him to test them both , he even heated the original one up a bit to see if there was any fluctuation on the resistances but both coils were fine . So I fitted the original coil back on the bike with some new spark plugs went out for a local ride , got about 8 miles and it died , waited for 15 mins , started it up and went home . I then fitted the new ignition coil just to make sure , put the bike back together , went about 4 miles and died blah blah blah , cool down , and went home . That's my saturday . The bike starts lovely and runs like a dream , until.........................HEEEEEEEELP !!!

I now know S**T loads about ignition coils , but unfortunately that's not my problem . I suppose I have at least eliminated that from the equation !

All's well, I just had a pork pie , cut in 'alf and both sections generously adorned with English mustard !!! I'm thinking Fuel supply ???
    Last edited by DC; 19-03-16 at 06:52 PM.