Notices

Thread: Tories lying and other stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    I was never interested in politics, and still not really, i just stand open mouthed at the attitudes i encounter here in the South West. I moved here 9 years ago, and my first encounter of it was how many copies of the Mail on Sunday Morrisons has when they open, and they all sell, probably thousands, vs about 5 copies of say the Observer.

you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about this, but did you have no politicians where you lived previously to Wiltshire? Lying isn't the preserve of Politicians, think about it, any one in a position does it, your manager will do, the MD of the company you work for will do - and if that's you I'm sure you do it yourself!

I find the constant Daily Mail references boring, this is a country where people are supposed to be entitled to their own opinions. There isn't a paper on the shelf that isn't just a vessel for pushing it's views to it's readers (the only one that didn't was the Daily Sport!)

Before you say anything I voted for Duncan Hames, he was a good local MP regardless of party

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S View Post
    you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about this, but did you have no politicians where you lived previously to Wiltshire? Lying isn't the preserve of Politicians, think about it, any one in a position does it, your manager will do, the MD of the company you work for will do - and if that's you I'm sure you do it yourself!

I find the constant Daily Mail references boring, this is a country where people are supposed to be entitled to their own opinions. There isn't a paper on the shelf that isn't just a vessel for pushing it's views to it's readers (the only one that didn't was the Daily Sport!)

Before you say anything I voted for Duncan Hames, he was a good local MP regardless of party
    Julie, perhaps I am misinterpreting your post, but are you suggesting that we accept lies from public servants that we place in positions of trust?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S View Post

All papers have an agenda, this much is true, although the DM's one of hate and fear, is objectionable at best. As for politicians lying, and we should accept that, they are our employees and if they lie, they should be sacked, we don't have to accept it. I do however have some respect for the tories, in so much are up front about how they are going to eff us over, the lib dem wishy washy brigade, with their false promises are a disgrace.

I am originally from Yorkshire, but after several years touring the world with the Army settled in Wiltshire, so i've plenty of experience of idiots telling me what to think and do

Oh come on, what do you mean by accepting? they do it, it happens. We don't really get a lot a of say in the matter. Complain, vote them out, next lot along will do exactly the same thing. That's what I'm saying - not that it is acceptable. If we want honesty and transparency maybe we should let dogs and the under 5's start running for Parliament? that's the only way we would be guaranteed honesty

I do think we as a nation are too negative about politicians, ignoring why this post started in the first place and the entire subject of those with power lying, there are going to be a lot of good, hard working people who put everything into that job we really ought to take more time to find out about what goes on and just what MPs do. If we as a nation want to change this maybe we should make it our business to get the disinterested interested? X Factor gets more interest than who is going to be running the country. I really think the worst thing about this country is the apathy.

Back to the original subject, she came to Mike's before the election last asking opinions and in honesty did not appear to have a clue what she was talking about. "What do you think about immigration" uhh, that's a very big subject, which bit of it are you talking about? etc etc

Hiya all. I'm sure that Donelan is doing her best for Chippenham. It takes time to get up to speed in Parliament, especially after years out there in the real World earning a living. Some politicians, who have never held a real job, seem to know all the answers, but lack real life experience ... The problem with the 'Left' is that they absolutely no idea why the Conservatives won the last election: They are so out of touch with real people. Clearly, the voters got it all wrong!
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanboy View Post
    Hiya all. I'm sure that Donelan is doing her best for Chippenham. It takes time to get up to speed in Parliament, especially after years out there in the real World earning a living. Some politicians, who have never held a real job, seem to know all the answers, but lack real life experience ... The problem with the 'Left' is that they absolutely no idea why the Conservatives won the last election: They are so out of touch with real people. Clearly, the voters got it all wrong!
    Bit early in the day to be pissed isn't it?

Yeah of course the Northern lass Donelan is doing her best http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...investigation/ parachuted into a safe seat, have you ever seen her talk? She's an idiot. As for the voters, when was labour ever going to get elected in Wiltshire?

OK .... one all!
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

The expenses scandal is still ongoing, they're just hiding it better now. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...parliament-ltd
    Interesting article about this in the Guardian from a few days ago.

EDIT: Oops, I missed page 2 - my post seems a bit random now!
    Last edited by RobLee; 20-05-16 at 03:20 PM.