Notices

Thread: Tories lying and other stuff

Hybrid View

you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about this, but did you have no politicians where you lived previously to Wiltshire? Lying isn't the preserve of Politicians, think about it, any one in a position does it, your manager will do, the MD of the company you work for will do - and if that's you I'm sure you do it yourself!

I find the constant Daily Mail references boring, this is a country where people are supposed to be entitled to their own opinions. There isn't a paper on the shelf that isn't just a vessel for pushing it's views to it's readers (the only one that didn't was the Daily Sport!)

Before you say anything I voted for Duncan Hames, he was a good local MP regardless of party

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S View Post
    you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about this, but did you have no politicians where you lived previously to Wiltshire? Lying isn't the preserve of Politicians, think about it, any one in a position does it, your manager will do, the MD of the company you work for will do - and if that's you I'm sure you do it yourself!

I find the constant Daily Mail references boring, this is a country where people are supposed to be entitled to their own opinions. There isn't a paper on the shelf that isn't just a vessel for pushing it's views to it's readers (the only one that didn't was the Daily Sport!)

Before you say anything I voted for Duncan Hames, he was a good local MP regardless of party
    Julie, perhaps I am misinterpreting your post, but are you suggesting that we accept lies from public servants that we place in positions of trust?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S View Post

All papers have an agenda, this much is true, although the DM's one of hate and fear, is objectionable at best. As for politicians lying, and we should accept that, they are our employees and if they lie, they should be sacked, we don't have to accept it. I do however have some respect for the tories, in so much are up front about how they are going to eff us over, the lib dem wishy washy brigade, with their false promises are a disgrace.

I am originally from Yorkshire, but after several years touring the world with the Army settled in Wiltshire, so i've plenty of experience of idiots telling me what to think and do