Notices

Thread: Tories lying and other stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tories lying and other stuff 
    Platinum Member
    Well, RedKen is quiet these days, so...

Donelan she isn't the brightest of speakers, having seen her a couple of times, she's thick as mince, but blatantly lying?

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/ne...mment_15488940

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32123528

Here's the article in the Mirror she refers to;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-broke-7467603

String her up i say...

Platinum Member
    She's had the comments section shut down for the Gazette article, there were a few pointing out her lies on there.

Platinum Member
    Feel silly replying to myself, but the Gazette has edited it's story now, to add that David Cameron did visit Chippenham, that wasn't there yesterday, Donelan must have forced them to edit.

Just so you don't feel silly replying to yourself .......

Thanks for posting as I had never heard of Michelle Donelan or what she is supposed to have done, or not done, and now I have, I know I wasn't missing anything, a politician lying, surely not? Must remember to carry on not reading a paper, ever - with the possible exception of local free rag to check mobile speed camera locations
    ; )

A politician lying??? shock!
    Thought it was part of the job..
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

M.P's who's the biggest fool, the fool, or the fool who votes for them, ha ha ha

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic View Post
    M.P's who's the biggest fool, the fool, or the fool who votes for them, ha ha ha
    Or the apathetic fules, who don't vote?

First they must earn respect and that seems to be a thing of the past, I am very sorry to say, but I will be voting in eu vote so maybe not so apathetic after all, ha ha ha

Diamond Member
    Mitch, I have been avoiding starting threads on controversial issues on WB because I was picking up vibes that there was a lack of appetite for such discussion. I have been vocal elsewhere however. Lol

Most on here know which side I bat for on the political spectrum so I’m not going to try and score points with regard to the Tory MP in question. Moreover, the Tories don’t have a monopoly over sleaze, dishonesty and lack of integrity – sadly, these traits exist on all sides of the ‘House’ as illustrated during the expenses scandal of a few years ago. At the time of the revelations, instead of humble apologies, MPs fed us with bull**** like, “when I realised I made a mistake I paid it back.” What, like filling in a form for a mortgage for a house that you weren’t entitled to claim for, or submitting a claim for cleaning out your duck pond, kind of mistakes?

On a more general point, I think we get the politicians we deserve. How many times do we hear the words, “I never discuss politics?” A lack of scrutiny is the way unscrupulous politicians like it, because it makes it easier for them to slip under the radar if their employers (us) have disengaged from the political process. I believe there should be some kind of mechanism in place whereby constituents could remove their MP during a parliamentary term if they were not happy with their performance. A breach of the five year contract could lead to termination of employment as an MP. It applies in all other walks of life.

We need to understand that politics impacts on our lives every day of the week, whether we like it or not. Politics is our child’s education, politics is our family’s healthcare, and politics is the state of our roads. If we can’t be bothered to hold our elected representatives to account, then we are hardly in a position to complain about the lack of moral values or principles in Westminster.
    Last edited by redken1; 04-03-16 at 11:09 PM.

totally agree Ken.. that sums it up nicely.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'