Notices

Thread: Another post about insurance

1. Another post about insurance 
    Hi all.

been away for a while due to sorting out a load of life stuff. Thankfully all sorted now and was hoping to steal some advice from you all.

It's that time of year again where I have to part from my money for a service I don't want to ever use but need to have.

So my average quote is £300 fully comp on the R1 with 3 years ncb. not too bad i thought until i seen a company i have never heard of quote £170!
    Now i was thinking of going with one of the main companies, particularly MCE as they do all the BSB perks and track day cover, plus they are a well known brand.
    Why should i go with them and pay double the cheapest price though? has anyone gone with the really cheap ones and had to use them?
    I am also going to do a couple of track days and was wondering what the price of track day only insurance is to see if i would actually be saving by using MCE.

Cheers all

I've just renewed myself with MCE for the same reasons and after making a claim with them last year, being satisfied with the service they provided. I was quote £243 with MCE, 2yrs NCB on a SV650. Cheapest quote at the time was £180 so paid extra but feel I got more for my money. Be interested to see what people are saying about Trackday only insurance though.

It's all in the small print! Which of course we all hate to read. Generally speaking if you check what you are actually getting for the higher price and then add the extras on to the cheaper one, they're often about the same price. We should all shop around of course to make sure we are getting a reasonable deal, but if the price looks too good to be true; then it probably is and you won't be getting the cover you need.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Platinum Member
    Surprised at the good experience with MCE, i was with them 2 years then someone pointed out the horror stories on the web, now with Bennett's. I'd have a quick look at the reviews before you save a tenner, they're ****. One to try not on the compare sites is H&R, based in Scotland, they're brilliant, and were cheaper for me for years.

thanks mitch i will have a look at them.
    I appreciate it is all in the small print but i also know a lot of the issues are if you do ever need to use them and get money out of them.
    I will do a bit more digging and look into the reviews side of things and see what pops up

Platinum Member