Notices

Thread: Michelin Pilot Road 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Michelin Pilot Road 4 
    Anyone have any experience of the Michelins?

Looking for something to replace the Metzeler on the rear of my Sprint that has worn out. It was pretty squared off when I got the bike, but has finally failed.

http://i.imgur.com/1PMwNLs.gif

I'm just about to put a pair of these on my street triple, always had bridgestones before but wanted something with a bit more feel but still good at doing the miles 2-up. Have read up on these loads and they get awesome reviews, the road 3s are apparently the best selling tyre in the uk so I've read
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

No direct experience of PR4's but have ran PR3's on both my GSXR1100 which suit it well and now on my second pair on NC700X, great wear (4k on Gixer and pkenty left, 7k out of rear on NC and still some left when nail punctured) and wet weather confidence and the PR4's coming out mean the 3's are a bit cheaper - wot's not to like ; )

Mike has the Pilot 3's on his Daytona and swears by them, they have around 3000 miles on so far with no noticeable wear and has never had any un nerving moments on them. They are as good as they claim in the wet and by all accounts the 4's are even better.

Mike works with someone who commutes on a Thunder Ace, he has just got 14,300 miles out of a set of the 4's (but they are now completely knackered) used to get 10,000 plus out of the PR3's. The guy is an ex racer, who doesn't hang around

Diamond Member
    I've had PR3's on both my bike's and have had PR4's on the GS for the last year. The PR3's are good but the PR4's are noticeably better. Very grippy wet or dry but don't expect good mileage if you use them hard.

Yeah, go for it say I.

The PR3 s are good value since the PR4 was introduced. Great in the wet, great mileage.
    Tread pattern takes a little getting used to, but that's where the magic lies. Sipes rule O.K. ?
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Platinum Member
    Have the PR3's on a Fireblade, they're good, but i prefer the Avon Ultra's if i'm honest.

I ran Bridgestone T30s on sprint and toured Europe on them. Next generation to the old bridgestones. Great feel and wet grip but very expensive.

I've run the PR3's on several bikes including a Triumph ST955 brilliant tyres in the wet and dry and last well.

The only other tyre I'd say is comparable is the Angel ST's, well worth a look. I've just had this offer in an email (amazing price!) http://www.bikespeeduk.com/pirelli-t...prod_2159.html

Thanks for your input everyone. I threw caution to the wind and splashed out on a PR4!

Anyone used Carson Tyres over in Bowerhill for bike tyres before? Or any recommended places around Devizes, Melksham, Trowbridge?