Notices

Thread: Newbie here - Chippenham based.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Newbie here - Chippenham based. 
    Greetings!

I am an 'old school' biker living in sunny Chippenham, with my wife. I do not currently have any bikes on the road so I get my thrill from my 5.7 litre Vauxhall Monaro car.

I have two motives for wanting to join this group;

Firstly I am restoring two Brit bikes, a 1965 BSA 650 Hornet flat tracker from the USA (help with NOVA would be welcome) and I am also rebuilding a 500 Triton which I originally built from scratch in 1969.

I also have a quirky little 1979 NVT Easy Rider Moped which has never been registered and has an interesting history and finally my 1989 700 Suzuki Intruder 'Rhino' Trike which I hate riding but it is so cool!

I would like to meet some classic Bikers in chippers and share info on our projects, share our skills, news and knowledge even tools may be. In other words the sort of thing that most bikers do naturally!

The second reason for my joining Wiltshire Bikers is that I have a dear friend, a lady of 67 but cracking on 35, who is just hankering to get a ride on a bike, any bike but preferrably something like a Harley. I read in the paper the you guys treated a deserving lady to a ride out on one of your runs and this is exactly what I had in mind.

Ideally if I can get the interest from someone to offer this lady such an experience I would intend to gift her a voucher for her Birthday in March, and then arrange for the treat sometime in the Summer at you guys/girls convenience. She is a single lady now, has a heart of gold, does voluntery work for our local hospital and really does deserve to have this of dream of hers come true.

So to be sociable and if you like talking classic Brits and if you live in or near chippenham then please do get in touch.

Thanks and safe riding.

Phil

Welcome to WB we did indeed do something years ago for a lady who had spent her whole life wanting a ride on a Harley. I'm sure we can sort something out
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Hi and welcome, sorry no Harley for me but good luck with the search

Hi and welcome to WB

Sorry only a solo seat on my '49 AJS!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Hi Sprat and welcome to WB

Hi Thanks for your encouraging words. I should have mentioned also that in return for any such kind generosity from you good people we would be happy to make a hundred pound contribution to a charity of your choice.

No classic bikers near me in Chippingham yet! Phil

Hi Sprat, welcome to Wiltshire Bikers.
    A fine stable of bikes you have there!
    A few years back a few of us went down to Gillingham to take out a lady for a run who always wanted to ride on a bike.

She rode with me on pillion on the bike I owned at the time. not a Harley I hasten to add..
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

She can hop on the back of my Sportster

Hello and welcome to the group
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Welcome..