Notices

Thread: new biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. new biker 
    Hello all about to do mod 2 if i pass lol any suggestions as what bike to get. thanks

Kawasaki Ninja H2R

Welcome and good luck with the Mod 2

Thats a big question! Buy one you like the look of and you can afford including the insurance. The one you feel most comfortable on...... then you will be like the rest of us.... always looking out for the next bike. If I had to prefer a manufacturer I would say Honda as in general the build quality is better. (I own a Kwak).
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Thanks i like the zx6r 636 but not sure as have my eye on a cbr600rr

Hi and welcome. What bike? Just as Shiftyblake advises, whatever you like and can afford to buy and run.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

welcome
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Hi and welcome.

Unless you've had a bit of riding experience (and just cos you've not done your test yet doesn't mean you haven't years of off road or track riding so I won't assume) I would suggest something you can use a fair amount of the performance on a fair amount of the time so you get a feel for using full throttle, a decent grab on brakes, etc.
    I know others may disagree, and guess I'm biased as this is how I learnt 'back in the day', but riding a 250 flat out taught me a lot about bike control before I did too much damage. Of course these days advanced training can replace a fair amount of learning by the seat of your pants although not all of it.

Of course this is nothing to do with knowing where there's s nice Yamaha MT03 for sale complete with Leo Vince cans and a new chain ; )

Ive been riding aprilia rs 125's on of since i was 17.i have ridden a zxr 750 off road and that was rapid .ideally i quite like gsxr 600 k1 i sat on one at a dealers .they said it suited me.any one have opinions on gsxr 600 k1 what to look out for etc.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lucas View Post
    Ive been riding aprilia rs 125's on of since i was 17.i have ridden a zxr 750 off road and that was rapid .ideally i quite like gsxr 600 k1 i sat on one at a dealers .they said it suited me.any one have opinions on gsxr 600 k1 what to look out for etc.thanks
    They would do, they are selling after all!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

True thought they were trying to force a sale lol .i said ill think about it