Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
This was a ROSPA ride I filmed today, I am a Gold holder, but also tutor training. It was very cold this morning 1 degree and raining out with the tutor tutor. This was the ride through to Wantage for road positioning and vanishing points. What do you think? BTW just for the record I hate the phrase "advanced biking" it reminds me of white helmets, polite vests and police wannabes grrrrrrrrrr , but it is definitely a safer riding style.

https://youtu.be/W6CdhsH1-9g?list=PL...IJgYmnt_oSqTD0

Great video

You can tell you have RoSPA Gold Lovely smooth, flowing, relaxed progress.

One thing which to advanced riders is obvious but is easily forgotten in my opinion is the need to always check behind before changing position. Not sure that's mentioned in your video and apologies if I missed it I watched it late last night. May have also been worth a mention of SSV.

I remember about 4 years ago when I started down the route of improving my riding I did a Bike Safe day at Devizes and was shown the merits of moving to gain a view but what the didnt tell me was the importance of always checking behind, and, that safety comes first, or actually why its beneficial to 'gain a view'.

When I did my first IAM session my observer (thankfully) explained the importance of always checking behind before moving to gain a view, especially for other bikes coming up quickly behind which sometimes you can easily not be aware of. It's saved my skin on more than one occasion.

I think it can be easy to forget something so fundamental when you do it instinctively.