Notices

Thread: Early Morning Tug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Early Morning Tug 
    Aidbox
    Coming through Marlborough towards Hungerford 7am this morning Police were doing random stops. Not sure if they were doing random breath tests, it is that time of year though.

I also found out this week that sometimes the average speed checks on the motorway do work ! £100 and 3 points. I had to renew my bike policy today and my insurance company said they weren't interested in SP30's, bonus !! £30 cheaper premium than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    I also found out this week that sometimes the average speed checks on the motorway do work !
    Where was it please ?
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Always a silver lining ref SP30! Where did they have the ave speed check you got collared for 30?

Aidbox
    Was on the M5 southbound around Gloucester, 61mph in a 50mph average speedcheck.

Platinum Member
    Avg speed cameras do work, but not if they're front facing and on the bike, more and more are rear facing these days though

Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    Was on the M5 southbound around Gloucester, 61mph in a 50mph average speedcheck.
    I went through that section on the way up to Stonehouse for the Santa ride. As Mitch mentioned, they all looked to be pointing south.

P.S. Loads of road works are being removed over the hols.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

I had ticket from average speed cameras on M3 arounf Fleet Services area - 57mph in a 50 in the car - what a muppet! Speed awareness course though luckily so still points free

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I had ticket from average speed cameras on M3 arounf Fleet Services area - 57mph in a 50 in the car - what a muppet! Speed awareness course though luckily so still points free
    The M3 ones from 4-5 'ish, and that ends at Fleet, are rear facing, PIA on the bike.

Always take it easy going through these, as im passing loads on a day to day basis and its too easy to get caught out. I thought that motorway convictions started with sp50 ? I got caught by a patrol car, and this is the code I received.

Platinum Member
    Sp30 is normal road, sp50 is motorway, btw you don't always get a ban over a ton, i got pulled 109 on bike, no ban, plenty of fines though.