Notices

Thread: Touring

1. Touring 
    Hello all,

The prospect of the next two weeks off work is already starting to manifest in mild psychosis, so I'm considering getting on the bike and going to Europe. Now I know this isn't exactly the best time of year for it, so I was wondering, does anyone have any experience/advice in biking around Europe at this time of year that they'd be willing to share? I expect, "Wait 6 months, you fool" will rank quite highly.

No real intended destination at this time, so any advice in this regard is also welcome.

Cheers,

Phasmid
    "A mere frenzied instance in eternity" - The School of Life

Banned
    If you can find some cheap tickets for ferry to Sandander, then after 24 hours on the boat you are in some respectible climate. Downsides are I think you are looking at about £200 each way.

I have toured through British Isles in winter quite often. I ride all year. It's about having the right gear. I wear Rukka, warm and dry. Plus it improves your skills ! Go for it

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    I have toured through British Isles in winter quite often. I ride all year. It's about having the right gear. I wear Rukka, warm and dry. Plus it improves your skills ! Go for it
    I'm with Mr Shifty on this, especially this year as looking likely to be fairly warm. I'm not one for planning a week or so riding in the hissing rain but if forecast is more showery, even if some heavy, then I try to get a few days over Christmas as roads are usually pretty quiet you can even get some decent midweek hotel/b&b prices. Try North Devon & Cornwall if only a few days of half decent weather, some stunning scenery and roads within only a couple of hours ride and very few Doc Martin tourists ; )