Notices

Thread: Bike Cleaner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bike Cleaner 
    Anyone tried this stuff? Seems to get good reviews.

Muc-Off Bike Cleaner - 1 L by Muc Off http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NNSXL..._fyABwbSXBDDZF

Any recommendations for a cleaner? Need to clean my bike and get some ACF50 on before they start chucking salt all over everything.

Yes, ive used Muc off, its pretty good, and its not corrosive like some other de greasers, but its always worth trying a test patch just in case.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Yes, ive used Muc off, its pretty good, and its not corrosive like some other de greasers, but its always worth trying a test patch just in case.
    Have a Google, you'll find that mucoff is THE most corrosive cleaner there is, strips anodising and stains metal, interweb is full of horror stories.
    Sdoc100 gel cleaner is the best, expensive, but you can half/half it with water, for just as good results.

Quote Originally Posted by tomearp View Post
    Anyone tried this stuff? Seems to get good reviews.

Muc-Off Bike Cleaner - 1 L by Muc Off http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NNSXL..._fyABwbSXBDDZF

Any recommendations for a cleaner? Need to clean my bike and get some ACF50 on before they start chucking salt all over everything.
    I tried Muc-off left some really nasty stains on the bike wouldnt use it again.

I just tend to use shampoo but wash it quite often so dont let much grime and grease build up

I use Muc Off. No issues. Spray it on, go in have a cup of tea and bucket of water to wash off

As with most products it's rtfi. I wouldn't mind betting that it was just lashed on before even looking at the text, which is why I said try as test patch. As for the most corrosive product, I've got degreasers which are far stronger than this.
    Last edited by Wes; 14-12-15 at 07:41 PM.

Used muc off for many bikes. Works best when bike is cool and you leave it on and go and do something else for 5 minutes. It won't get any wheel grease off though. I use a rag with WD40 and it brings rims up a treat.

I have had MucOff corrode some finishes but still use it only very carefully; never leave it for long and use jet wash on low pressure setting to ensure it's thoroughly removed. Generally I think iot's okay on laquered or painted alloy surfaces but the alloy frame and top yoke on my old Gixer was left with loads of marks, you live and learn.

I also use Sdoc100 as in another post, works very, very well and I've never seen any corrosion or marking but it is 'kin expensive

Chatterbox
    Another vote for Sdoc100 from me.
    Everything else is shyte