Notices

Thread: Scottoiler, yay or nay?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts, going to take a look at it this afternoon.

I have a Tuturo on my NC700X, came fitted with it from previous owner, works well but didn't stop weedy original chain from expiring after 10k miles, though more the crap chain than the oiler I think. Having said that, I've been used to using spray chain lube ever since my first bike and still do for all my others, so wouldn't have fitted a chain olier if not already on there.

Had a closer look at mine today, as suspected it's lost prime. Did have a quick go at getting it working but no joy. If it wasn't such a ballache to take the seat off I'd consider looking for a new spot for the reservoir. Did a manual clean and lube of the chain, didn't take long so will stick to that for now, maybe look at it again when the weather is better!

Quote Originally Posted by tomearp View Post
    maybe look at it again when the weather is better!
    April?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”