Notices

Thread: When it's this cold pays not to have something too quick ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The ACF works out cheapest if you buy the big bottle that comes with a little spray bottle to fill yourself. Even with your small motorcycle museum Trev, I suspect you'd struggle to go through the bottle in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    ACF50 awesome stuff sticks like sh1t! Mines being done tomorrow. Worth every penny
    Are you having it done by someone else? I've seen a place over in Wilcot (All Year Biker) where they'll clean your bike and apply it for you, thinking that might be better for me for this winter at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tomearp View Post
    Are you having it done by someone else? I've seen a place over in Wilcot (All Year Biker) where they'll clean your bike and apply it for you, thinking that might be better for me for this winter at least.
    I've had it done by somone in the past on a couple of bikes, cleaned and dried the bike first then applied, they made a good job of it and cost me about £40 from memory although I was part of a group who had it all done the same morning.

I've applied it myself on some bikes for the last few years, more work and as I'm not so good at cleaning then probably not quite as good but cheaper. Certainly slows down corrosion on the bits that show at least.

Aidbox
    Alan in Wilcot did mine about a month ago, was £60 and he did a much better job than I could do, and he's a really nice guy as well.

Bike looked great when it was done and protects all the electrics too, best £60 I'll spend on my bike this winter.

...and knowing me I'd get it all over the discs and tyres !
    Last edited by Aidbox; 24-11-15 at 06:10 PM.