Notices

Thread: Ultimate List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Platinum Member
    2004 ZX10r, it will be my next bike, currently ride a CBR929, all the modern stuff, seems a bit, y'know, small.

Last edited by Mitch9128; 12-11-15 at 11:33 AM.

My first bike was an R plate AP50 which my father and I put back together after the previous owner adjusted the front end with a car. It would out drag the local FSIE's of the time and that's with me being a rather porky 16yr old!

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by PSSSSD View Post
    My first bike was an R plate AP50 which my father and I put back together after the previous owner adjusted the front end with a car. It would out drag the local FSIE's of the time and that's with me being a rather porky 16yr old!
    It's possible the ones they had at my school were restricted, and also possible that my mates fizzy was doctored

+1 for the AP over the Fizzy, me and my mate had them and none of the local Fizzy lads could keep with us, that extra 2 - 3 mph is s lot when you only have 45/50 to play with ; )

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    +1 for the AP over the Fizzy, me and my mate had them and none of the local Fizzy lads could keep with us, that extra 2 - 3 mph is s lot when you only have 45/50 to play with ; )
    I'm sure my mates fizzy did 55-60, maybe he was pedaling it

The fizzy wasn't the top priority on my list of desired bikes but I'll bump it up if anyone has an AP50 I can drag against?

Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    I'm sure my mates fizzy did 55-60, maybe he was pedaling it

The fizzy wasn't the top priority on my list of desired bikes but I'll bump it up if anyone has an AP50 I can drag against?
    Highest speedo reading on my modded AP50 (changed gearing, ported, jetted, air filter, skimmed head, modded exhaust) was 69mph down a friggin' great long dual carriageway hill, flat on the tank, slip streaming a van. Nipped up as the van driver went for the magic 70 and had to whip the clutch in and coast off the conveniently placed slip road before restarting it and riding home a very rattly 'ped. Yet another top end rebuild!
    On a level road with little wind, top speed (according to the speedo) was 57/58 on a good day - obviously this was with your chin on the speedo and feet on the pillion pegs but then that's how they were ridden practically everywhere ; )

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Highest speedo reading on my modded AP50 (changed gearing, ported, jetted, air filter, skimmed head, modded exhaust) was 69mph down a friggin' great long dual carriageway hill, flat on the tank, slip streaming a van. Nipped up as the van driver went for the magic 70 and had to whip the clutch in and coast off the conveniently placed slip road before restarting it and riding home a very rattly 'ped. Yet another top end rebuild!
    On a level road with little wind, top speed (according to the speedo) was 57/58 on a good day - obviously this was with your chin on the speedo and feet on the pillion pegs but then that's how they were ridden practically everywhere ; )
    You make start on yours then... https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...p50/1140735714

As for my shortlist:

Honda CTX1300 for cruising
    Yamaha XT600 for a project
    Suzuki DRZ400 for getting mucky
    BMW R100R for commuting
    Sunbeam S8 for phutting to meets on
    GSXR750K4 for ripping to meets on
    BMW R750R for track days
    HD Fatboy to watch go up in value
    Something to customise like the awesome looking XS650 by House

The aforementioned heated workshop!

Aidbox
    As for my shortlist:

Honda CTX1300 for cruising
    Yamaha XT600 for a project
    Suzuki DRZ400 for getting mucky
    BMW R100R for commuting
    Sunbeam S8 for phutting to meets on
    GSXR750K4 for ripping to meets on
    BMW R750R for track days
    HD Fatboy to watch go up in value
    Something to customise like the awesome looking XS650 by House

The aforementioned heated workshop!
    Hadn't seen the CTX before, nice, like the Sunbeam too

Yamaha MT-01 (current bike)
    Van Veen
    Katana 1100
    Triumph Rocket 111
    Suzuki GS1000s
    Hayabusa Turbo (still a big kid at heart)
    Scott (Original water cooled two stroke sports bike)
    MV Augusta 750 America
    Harley Davidson XLCR 1979 (Probably the only decent bike they have or ever likely to make)
    Munch Mammoth
    Shame I have to stop. Need to stop drooling