Notices

Thread: Ultimate List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    I did consider buying one of those as my first bike, they look good and are extremely cheap.

The only thing that put me off was the power, or lack of.
    Yup they certainly have (or don't have) that, wouldn't recommend one as your only bike unless your not interested in getting anywhere quickly! Would make a great commuter 10/20 miles as easy to chuck about, low weight & seat, comfortable and 75mpg wringing it's neck, 85mpg+ without trying too hard.

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Yamaha TY50 , Always wanted one of these when I was a kid and still have a soft spot for them now

And As you can see from my current bike my tastes haven't really changed a great deal .

That TY is gorgeous, especially that plush looking seat

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Yup they certainly have (or don't have) that, wouldn't recommend one as your only bike unless your not interested in getting anywhere quickly! Would make a great commuter 10/20 miles as easy to chuck about, low weight & seat, comfortable and 75mpg wringing it's neck, 85mpg+ without trying too hard.
    More a Sunday afternoon type bike for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    More a Sunday afternoon type bike for me
    That's what I use mine for, wife loves it as pillion even though it only has a detachable pillion pad - she has a small bum! Also great for riding the back lanes in the muck and crap and is perfect for this time of year, it doesn't have much value to lose by not being cleaned very ride, ACF50 in October, the odd hose down during the Winter and a good clean & lubricate in the Spring - don't buy a used Enfield of this man ; )
    Attached Images

Yamaha RG500
    Kawasaki H1
    Kawasaki H2
    Suzuki GT750 kettle.
    Yamaha RD400
    Honda CR500
    Yamaha IT465.
    Suzuki RGV 250.
    .....And 4 strokes.
    Quite fancy...
    Ducati Diavel
    KTM superduke
    Aprilia Tuono
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Yamaha RG500
    Kawasaki H1
    Kawasaki H2
    Suzuki GT750 kettle.
    Yamaha RD400
    Honda CR500
    Yamaha IT465.
    Suzuki RGV 250.
    .....And 4 strokes.
    Quite fancy...
    Ducati Diavel
    KTM superduke
    Aprilia Tuono
    CR500 and IT465, now there's man who likes to let loose, love those old two stroke monster singles

Had:
    FSIE
    Yamaha RS 125
    Honda CG 125
    Suzuki Bandit 400

Got:
    Triumph Sprint RS955i

Like:
    Triumph Bonny

Lottery win:
    Triumph Rocket 3
    Triumph Sprint riding Karate nut...

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    CR500 and IT465, now there's man who likes to let loose, love those old two stroke monster singles
    Never really looked much at Mx bikes, but quite keen now after trawling google and looking up some of these bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JCySLwvVJc

Diamond Member
    Where to start? Let me put this way. Stick a kid in a chocolate factory, tell him/her to take his/her pick and and he/she would probably try them all. RD400 would be my first choice, a GT750 from the 70s would be in my top 10 as would be my current steed, an FZ1 Fazer. Not forgetting ultimate grin factor for short blasts, a KTM 690 Duke and BMW RR1000. And my Dad's favourite bike a Vincent Black Shadow, which I would take to the Isle of Man like he did. Finally, as already mentioned a KE175 Kawasaki to rekindle my youth lol.

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Where to start? Let me put this way. Stick a kid in a chocolate factory, tell him/her to take his/her pick and and he/she would probably try them all. RD400 would be my first choice, a GT750 from the 70s would be in my top 10 as would be my current steed, an FZ1 Fazer. Not forgetting ultimate grin factor for short blasts, a KTM 690 Duke and BMW RR1000. And my Dad's favourite bike a Vincent Black Shadow, which I would take to the Isle of Man like he did. Finally, as already mentioned a KE175 Kawasaki to rekindle my youth lol.
    Black Shadow or Lightning would be on mine too.