Notices

Thread: Ultimate List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidbox View Post
    I'm sure my mates fizzy did 55-60, maybe he was pedaling it

The fizzy wasn't the top priority on my list of desired bikes but I'll bump it up if anyone has an AP50 I can drag against?
    Highest speedo reading on my modded AP50 (changed gearing, ported, jetted, air filter, skimmed head, modded exhaust) was 69mph down a friggin' great long dual carriageway hill, flat on the tank, slip streaming a van. Nipped up as the van driver went for the magic 70 and had to whip the clutch in and coast off the conveniently placed slip road before restarting it and riding home a very rattly 'ped. Yet another top end rebuild!
    On a level road with little wind, top speed (according to the speedo) was 57/58 on a good day - obviously this was with your chin on the speedo and feet on the pillion pegs but then that's how they were ridden practically everywhere ; )

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Highest speedo reading on my modded AP50 (changed gearing, ported, jetted, air filter, skimmed head, modded exhaust) was 69mph down a friggin' great long dual carriageway hill, flat on the tank, slip streaming a van. Nipped up as the van driver went for the magic 70 and had to whip the clutch in and coast off the conveniently placed slip road before restarting it and riding home a very rattly 'ped. Yet another top end rebuild!
    On a level road with little wind, top speed (according to the speedo) was 57/58 on a good day - obviously this was with your chin on the speedo and feet on the pillion pegs but then that's how they were ridden practically everywhere ; )
    You make start on yours then... https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...p50/1140735714

Yamaha MT-01 (current bike)
    Van Veen
    Katana 1100
    Triumph Rocket 111
    Suzuki GS1000s
    Hayabusa Turbo (still a big kid at heart)
    Scott (Original water cooled two stroke sports bike)
    MV Augusta 750 America
    Harley Davidson XLCR 1979 (Probably the only decent bike they have or ever likely to make)
    Munch Mammoth
    Shame I have to stop. Need to stop drooling

That appears to be £800 for a rear light, handlebars and front mudguard!

A quick gander on fleabay, motorcycle parts "AP50" suggests you'll spend almost that again on parts + whatever paint costs.

Probably a lot less grief and not much more £££ to buy one already done

Or this fresh off the boat from Japan, costs less and needs less work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Col...gAAOSwPcVVk9Ds

Thanks but I've already got too many bikes and that tank looks like it may leak a little petrol?

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    Yamaha MT-01 (current bike)
    Van Veen
    Katana 1100
    Triumph Rocket 111
    Suzuki GS1000s
    Hayabusa Turbo (still a big kid at heart)
    Scott (Original water cooled two stroke sports bike)
    MV Augusta 750 America
    Harley Davidson XLCR 1979 (Probably the only decent bike they have or ever likely to make)
    Munch Mammoth
    Shame I have to stop. Need to stop drooling
    I'm wondering whether to start another thread and have ten for each category, i.e. Sports, Cruiser, Vintage, Retro, etc etc. Would probably end up with way too many categories

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    That appears to be £800 for a rear light, handlebars and front mudguard!

A quick gander on fleabay, motorcycle parts "AP50" suggests you'll spend almost that again on parts + whatever paint costs.

Probably a lot less grief and not much more £££ to buy one already done

Or this fresh off the boat from Japan, costs less and needs less work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Col...gAAOSwPcVVk9Ds

That's not a bad price.

I was looking at a fizzy on gumtree, tidy, but they were asking £3750 !!!

That's not a bad price.
    I suspect the bent front end would become a pain in the bum to sort. NOS stanchions are not that pricey (circa £70 for a pair) but the upper bits I couldn't find with a (brief) search.

I'm very cynical, if it was an easy fix then the dealer would have done it, UK registered + MOT'd it and sold it for a lot more.

If I had the money to invest right now I'd try to predict what the next nostalgia wave will be, buy cheap now and sell it on when they rise. I reckon stuff along the lines of RS125/NSR125, lovingly restored and kept in your sitting room for another decade could pay off.

As a relatively new rider, theres LOADS of bikes I want to have a ride on, but if I was to own a bike to live with day to day, I'm definitely looking at the Tracer as a replacement for the Transalp.

Though I'm not keen on owning one (my back wouldn't take it) I'd love to have a go on the RC213, though after Marquez's lie about Rossi kicking him, and Honda's subsequent support of that lie, I'll never buy another honda Till Marquez is gone.

got a nc30 if you fancy a look