Notices

Thread: Red Mist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Red Mist 
    Diamond Member
    Do you think the governing body of MotoGP treated Rossi unfairly over his altercation with Marquez? Or do you think he has only himself to blame for effectively wiping out his chances of winning the championship, by his reaction?

Marguez was baiting him but Rossi let himself down by reacting like he did
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Pushing people wide or diving up the inside are standard practices in both bike and car racing. These two were taking that to the 'silly bugger' level and Rossi was the better 'silly bugger'.
    Perhaps a finacial or points fine for both for dangerous riding or bringing the sport into disrepute. I hope an appeal is succesful.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Pushing people wide or diving up the inside are standard practices in both bike and car racing. These two were taking that to the 'silly bugger' level and Rossi was the better 'silly bugger'.
    Perhaps a finacial or points fine for both for dangerous riding or bringing the sport into disrepute. I hope an appeal is succesful.
    Rossi got three points, add that to the 1 he already had, he starts from back of the grid. Now this could be the best race ever in Motogp history, or a massive fizzle out if Lorenzo just grinds out the laps, and Rossi cannot get through the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    Rossi got three points, add that to the 1 he already had, he starts from back of the grid. Now this could be the best race ever in Motogp history, or a massive fizzle out if Lorenzo just grinds out the laps, and Rossi cannot get through the pack.
    I'm really hoping that the pack will let Rossi through and Ducati will tell Ionnone and Dovi to tow him to the front.
    It'll be an absolute coup for Ducati.
    Just think how popular they'll be with the Italian fans.
    Unfortunately Rossi isn't great at Valencia.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I'm really hoping that the pack will let Rossi through and Ducati will tell Ionnone and Dovi to tow him to the front.
    It'll be an absolute coup for Ducati.
    Just think how popular they'll be with the Italian fans.
    Unfortunately Rossi isn't great at Valencia.
    A bit of rain, and we could have a rerun of Silverstone

When Senna did this to Prost he was a hero. When James Hunt punched another driver, ditto. IMHO, Marquez should be penalised for his appalling behaviour on track. In a post race interview Rossi said "I took him wide and slowed right down to say What the f**k are you playing at?" Marquez leant into Rossi and brought about his own downfall. Reminds me of Schumacker stuffing it in to clean drivers like Villeneuve and Damon Hill. Unfortunately when the likes of Rossi and Hamilton retire I can see racing becoming a sanitised / homogenised, protest / counterprotest fest where just the guy with the fastest bike / car wins.
    With my bike I am complete.

Diamond Member
    Totally agree Ghost .

Sometimes you just snap and regret it. We have all done it but not usually at 180 miles an hour
    Counting down until my next ride out!

I don't think the penalty was fair.
    Rossi was off his racing line and deliberately blocking Marquez whilst slowing.
    He should've been black flagged.
    The sport is dangerous enough with stupid moves like that.
    This clearly shows Rossi is past it.
    This was his last chance at a title and he blew it.
    There is no bigger punishment than that.