Notices

Thread: Red Mist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Red Mist 
    Diamond Member
    Do you think the governing body of MotoGP treated Rossi unfairly over his altercation with Marquez? Or do you think he has only himself to blame for effectively wiping out his chances of winning the championship, by his reaction?

Marguez was baiting him but Rossi let himself down by reacting like he did
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

When Senna did this to Prost he was a hero. When James Hunt punched another driver, ditto. IMHO, Marquez should be penalised for his appalling behaviour on track. In a post race interview Rossi said "I took him wide and slowed right down to say What the f**k are you playing at?" Marquez leant into Rossi and brought about his own downfall. Reminds me of Schumacker stuffing it in to clean drivers like Villeneuve and Damon Hill. Unfortunately when the likes of Rossi and Hamilton retire I can see racing becoming a sanitised / homogenised, protest / counterprotest fest where just the guy with the fastest bike / car wins.
    With my bike I am complete.

Sometimes you just snap and regret it. We have all done it but not usually at 180 miles an hour
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Diamond Member
    Totally agree Ghost .

I don't think the penalty was fair.
    Rossi was off his racing line and deliberately blocking Marquez whilst slowing.
    He should've been black flagged.
    The sport is dangerous enough with stupid moves like that.
    This clearly shows Rossi is past it.
    This was his last chance at a title and he blew it.
    There is no bigger punishment than that.

Diamond Member
    Rossi is arguably the greatest racer of all time, certainly my favourite after Barry Sheene, and I think it is fair to say most GP fans around the world would love to see him capture one more title before retirement. That said however, no individual should be bigger than the sport they partake in. Having watched the clip over and over I think it is clear that Rossi nudged Marquez off. He may well have been provoked, but that is no justification for his actions. I have this niggling feeling that if the behaviour of the two riders were reversed, we would be seeing a very different reaction from racing fans. Would a less popular rider receive the same sympathy? I think not. I take no pleasure in saying this, but should Rossi lose the championship, IMO there is only one person to blame and that is Rossi himself. I hope he doesn't live to regret what he did.
    Last edited by redken1; 26-10-15 at 11:16 PM.

I think it's going to lower people's opinions of Rossi, aside from his fan base.Marquez took it too him and he couldn't handle it, would have been interesting to see the reactions if rossi had ended up on the floor. Greatest GP Rider maybe but nowhere near all time.

Platinum Member
    Rossi did nothing, MM was baiting him, slowing him down, overtaking then slowing again, Rossi went to push him wide, MM leaned into Rossi, knocking his foot off peg, then fell off. Anyone who thinks different needs to watch the vids, especially the helicopter ones again, MM is helping Lorenzo, it's disgusting, ban MM, it's not the first time he's been caught cheating.
    Last edited by Mitch9128; 27-10-15 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    Rossi did nothing, MM was baiting him, slowing him down, overtaking then slowing again, Rossi went to push him wide, MM leaned into Rossi, knocking his foot off peg, then fell off. Anyone who thinks different needs to watch the vids, especially the helicopter ones again, MM is helping Lorenzo, it's disgusting, ban MM, it's not the first time he's been caught cheating.
    Nobody is disputing what Marquez did. Whether or not he was playing with Rossi isn't even a question as there is only one answer. Yes!
    What isn't cut and dry is what happened next.
    What I saw was Rossi shut the throttle and stand the bike up mid corner.
    He even admitted to doing it so saying Marquez turned into him doesn't really stand up.
    He was already committed to the corner.
    If Rossi had slammed on the brakes on the straight in order to brake check the Spaniard would that be ok?
    Rossi's job is to race. The race directors job is to dish out the justice.
    Maybe Rossi would do well to remember that the next time he feels like laying down the law.