Notices

Thread: Replacement Screens

1. Replacement Screens 
    On my CBF I suffer from what I can gather is a common problem. The front screen deflects the air up around my neck and directly up and under my helmet. Whilst not a problem for short bimbles, longer rides can start to get uncomfortable. I've looked at universal clip on deflectors, and whilst people say they work, they are pig ugly. I have found, online, PUIG replacement screens (http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/wind-...i674-605-0.htm) that are slightly higher than the standard (9cm). I was wondering if anyone out there has experience of these and can tell me whether they work. I ask because to be honest they aren't that cheap and would like to illicit some informed opinions before taking the plunge.

Platinum Member
    I've a Fabbri double bubble screen on my Blade and it's perfect. However, i wouldn't hesitate getting one if the Chinese jobbies off Ebay either, all good quality, and cheap as...

The touring screen on my FZ1 throws the wind right over my head... loving it.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Airblade make a decent double bubble screen as do powerbronze, used both on my bikes, both offer good wind deflection.

I took my double bubble off because it pushed the air into my face.
    Contrary to what people think, a double bubble isn't a touring screen it's actually a race screen designed to push the air over a rider when in a race position.
    That's why all the TT riders use them.
    I put the standard low screen back on my bike so the wind blast hits my chest when touring.
    Much less stress on the arms and wrists.

My new screen has two big holes in it. ZZR MRA official replacement. But there is no buffering and its quiet even though the screen is bigger. Just found out that the holes equalise the air pressure from the front of the screen to the back. So wind isn't trying to get behind the screen taking up the void causing turbulence and noise. Clever and effective. So if any of the screens you can get have these holes give it a try. I have had all sorts of bigger screens on bikes from the one with an adjustable foil, double bubble and others, but to be honest their are so many factors not least your height so its a trial and error job!
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    My new screen has two big holes in it. ZZR MRA official replacement. But there is no buffering and its quiet even though the screen is bigger. Just found out that the holes equalise the air pressure from the front of the screen to the back. So wind isn't trying to get behind the screen taking up the void causing turbulence and noise. Clever and effective. So if any of the screens you can get have these holes give it a try. I have had all sorts of bigger screens on bikes from the one with an adjustable foil, double bubble and others, but to be honest their are so many factors not least your height so its a trial and error job!
    Totally agree, more belly size than height on a sportsbike though