Notices

Thread: Cold fingers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have Gerbin ones and ridden for 5 years QB1 all winter 75 miles each way for 4 yrs working at Hondas HQ. They are perfect. Actually I went out Sunday for a day in Oxfordshire and used them on half heat 10 - 12 c outside. They are plugged into my ciggy lighter and you soon get pretty quick puting the loom on. When I put my jacket on I hold each glove wire in my hands and that automatically threads them. The later models are better armoured too.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

As a retired postman I always set store by silk glove liners recommended by a Scots friend if mine who uses them all winter in Scotland

Being to comfortable in heated gloves can make your risk of an accident higher!. I forgot how icy it was a few winters ago, and as I went through Bushton I did a beautiful long slide on the ice and scared the **** out of the Landrover driver following. I stopped to comprehend what I just did and check if there were any skid marks (in my undies not the tarmac), he stopped too and wound down his window he was white as a sheet.... he swore bit....something like **** ME MATE ARE YOU OK !!! and told me what the temperature was -6 and that the crossroads was a sheet of ice. Carried on to Slough but took the main road through Lynham until it thawed out again !!!

Pure Silk gloves are the best thermal inner gloves. Don't need to be motorcycle specific, just pure silk. Also make sure your winter gloves are not too tight or they will conduct heat away.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W View Post
    Pure Silk gloves are the best thermal inner gloves. Don't need to be motorcycle specific, just pure silk. Also make sure your winter gloves are not too tight or they will conduct heat away.
    Think I might get some of these , reasonably priced too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jasmine-Glov...ds=silk+gloves

Yep, they're quite good. I've been through 5 or 6 pairs since getting my leg over again.

They are not too rugged.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Yep, they're quite good. I've been through 5 or 6 pairs since getting my leg over again.

They are not too rugged.
    try cutting your fingernails!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    I had heated gloves and grips, heated waistcoat and heated insoles and was always toasty. Could ride anytime of year and was warm. I had klan heated gear.

I did do the silk inners once but 75 miles to Slough... only made you last a few more miles !