Hi Folks,

OK this is going to be a rant so I apologise in advance, if not interested, skip this thread.
I am having huge problems with my bike insurance (ebike), and I think they are going down the pan, so if you are considering using them, then my advice would be to use another company. Here is my reasoning.
In May (ish) I was just trying to do a simple renewal, but they demanded to have electronic copies of my license, including the paper copy, which we were assured by HMG was no longer needed.
Their IT system was unable to cope with the jpg images that I sent, and I had to break it up into 4 separate emails, after which they still kept sending me emails saying that they had not received it.
Eventually I managed to get them received ok, after a lot of hassle.
Now up to today, and I received an email from the Motor Insurance Bureau to say that one of my bikes is not insured and that I will be fined, this despite the fact that I have a certificate of insurance
showing that it is in fact insured. I have tried contacting the insurance company, but they have removed the login facility, and their email link does not work. They are not answering the telephone after 45 minutes of waiting.
So accordingly if my bike is not on the data base, then I can not get the road tax for it online. No road tax equals another potential fine.

It seems that their IT infrastructure is falling apart or someone is not doing their job properly - either way my advice is to avoid them like the plague.
Needless to say I have contacted the Motor Insurance Bureau (via email) and notified them of the situation, so I will wait to see if I get a sensible reply.
It does seem unfair that I should be punished/fined, because a company has not done their job properly, but if I do get fined I will be seeking compensation from them.

Rant over, enjoy the rest of the sunshine while it lasts, I know I will.