Notices

Thread: Insurance Rant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Insurance Rant 
    Hi Folks,

OK this is going to be a rant so I apologise in advance, if not interested, skip this thread.
    I am having huge problems with my bike insurance (ebike), and I think they are going down the pan, so if you are considering using them, then my advice would be to use another company. Here is my reasoning.
    In May (ish) I was just trying to do a simple renewal, but they demanded to have electronic copies of my license, including the paper copy, which we were assured by HMG was no longer needed.
    Their IT system was unable to cope with the jpg images that I sent, and I had to break it up into 4 separate emails, after which they still kept sending me emails saying that they had not received it.
    Eventually I managed to get them received ok, after a lot of hassle.
    Now up to today, and I received an email from the Motor Insurance Bureau to say that one of my bikes is not insured and that I will be fined, this despite the fact that I have a certificate of insurance
    showing that it is in fact insured. I have tried contacting the insurance company, but they have removed the login facility, and their email link does not work. They are not answering the telephone after 45 minutes of waiting.
    So accordingly if my bike is not on the data base, then I can not get the road tax for it online. No road tax equals another potential fine.

It seems that their IT infrastructure is falling apart or someone is not doing their job properly - either way my advice is to avoid them like the plague.
    Needless to say I have contacted the Motor Insurance Bureau (via email) and notified them of the situation, so I will wait to see if I get a sensible reply.
    It does seem unfair that I should be punished/fined, because a company has not done their job properly, but if I do get fined I will be seeking compensation from them.

Rant over, enjoy the rest of the sunshine while it lasts, I know I will.

I sympathise. I had the same issues with them. I stayed with them 1 year and got the hell away. Same issues as you. I think i sent my license copies through 3 times in all. Despite that, they still maintained they never had them. That is despite me getting the auto replies!
    So much for technology....
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

So can anyone recommend an insurance company that can take on 3 bikes, i.e. a multi bike policy?

I use mce and have 2 bikes on a multi bike policy for £206. Even includes track day cover although the excess is 50% of the bike value for track days. Been with them for a few years now.

I use Carole Nash for several bikes and a car on the same policy
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Have seen similar issues with ebike on another forum I am a member of, very frustrating.

I've been with Carole Nash for about 10 years now - 5 bikes (from 35 year old X7 to Guzzi Griso and a couple of Gixers thrown in), £300 fully comp with breakdown cover. I do shop around each year but getting hard and harder to find someone who will cover more than a couple of bikes and I'm ok with £300 for all the bikes. Never claimed so can't comment on that aspect although I do know a couple of other CN users who have and all went ok. Customer service has been good with (most times) talking to someone who seems to know what a bike is. Good luck

Read this and I have been getting grief from this M I D lot recently..thought it was some scammers trying to get info for some reason as never heard of them .. claiming one bike isn't insured which it was with MCE and I could be fined.

Called MCE and somehow ????? no idea how ??? the insurance had been cancelled !!!! not by me it wasn't. The girl answering my call said it would take some time to sort out and she would call back which she did to say it had been their mistake and it was all sorted out and there would be no charge !!!!! as it was their fault !!!

She also said they would contact this MID lot and get the insurance on the database.

The other day I had another letter from DVLA asking for proof of insurance FFS!!!!!
    ...seems there is a Swansea Enforcement Centre

So I copied the Certificate from May and sent it with their little form filled in plus saying that MCE should have sorted it and sent it back with me having to go to the post office to get a stamp.

Another letter sent from S E C states 'In view of my comments we will be making further enquiries and will write when these are concluded'

I went to the pub
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Diamond Member
    I switch almost every year between Carole Nash and BMW Motorrad Insurance - multi bike on both. Currently with CN for £160 FC/NCBP etc. I have never once been asked for copies of my driving license for bike or car insurance. I assume you can prove payment for the insurance policy, in which case, if you have a copy of the original certificate you're fine.

i've been with E-bike for a few years as i have usually had up to 4 bikes on a multi bike policy,have never had a trouble myself,nor have i been required to send copies of anything other than proof of no claims when i first changed over..not had any claims either..interesting point about site login as i havent needed to use that lately but i will need to over the next month..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

hmmm..just been on e-bike site..seems the online login has been removed!!! interesting..further enquiries to be made i think...
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride