Notices

Thread: Insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Insurance 
    It's that time of year again, and my current insurers are trying to have my pants down (Bennetts), so has anyone got good service/price and recommends????
    Cheers,
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

MCE gave me decent prices when I was in a similar situation to you with Bennets, plus you get good discounts on BSB rounds etc.

Compare the market always gets me the cheapest quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHippo View Post
    It's that time of year again, and my current insurers are trying to have my pants down (Bennetts)
    Taint just Bennets, it's all of 'em.

I've changed providers for both car and bike almost every year. Went 7 years with one mob then they put it up by 105 %.

As said already, no loyalty these days, get on a comparison site...easy game.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Carole Nash are worth a go, got a good deal on mine, it also includes a lot of the services that are bolt ons with other companies. Its worth checking the breakdown cover as well, not all of them are get you home ones like CN.

Platinum Member
    Try H&R insurance, they were the cheapest for me after an no fault claim in 2011, went to Bennetts this year as they came out cheapest for me. Always test the compare websites first, all the insurers can see your searches, so do a compare and ring Bennetts back, they may match the cheapest, that's worked for me before.

Flip side: My renewal with Bennetts in June was cheaper than any comparison site and cheaper even than getting a fresh requote on Bennetts site. There's logic and then there is insurance qoutation and renewal.....

another recommendation for carole nash here...just as wes said lots included. I would also add that they always give me their best price on renewal straight away not like others when you get their renewal price in the post then when you ring them up and ask for their best renewal price it drops 30-50 quid!

Comparison websites is the best way forward, however i have heard Hastings aren't bad

Cheapest ain't sometimes the best. Some will sting you 25 or 30 quid a time if you make slight policy changes during the year.
    Consider if you are going to make any changes in a year

Most of them want totally standard bikes and not many of us ride them. Get involved in a expensive serious accident where you have to pay other people and they may have a loop hole to not pay.

Beware of "free" breakdown cover. The "free" can be very restrictive. Some will only take you to nearest garage and others have a max claim of a few hundred quid a time.
    £300 is can sometimes only be worth about 50 miles in breakdown recovery