Notices

Thread: Local boy done good...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Currently JC is known to only put his gentleman parts inside humans, another plus

I was actually moaning when all the TV coverage was being show after the election that Labour needed to return to their roots. Corbyn is only returning to Tony Benn/Michael Foot politics not Labour's roots.

Believe it or not, those who don't support Labour ideals and the far left have valid views as well, oh hang on, weren't they the ones that voted the current government in and soundly kicked labour's butt?

All this CND and power to the people stuff takes me back to being 16 again, it's brilliant. I was punk, couldn't have been more left if I had tried (wanted to go to Greenham Common when I was 13 after overdosing on Crass records, really couldn't see why my mum wouldn't let me go there....) but I grew up to realised I didn't want equality to the stage where half my wages go to feed the poor, no matter where in the world they might be - think I picked up some of Thatcher's selfishness along the way. Never liked her at the time but by god she's makes good cider

Platinum Member
    The roots of the labour party were never with Bliar or Milliband, they had moved new labour so far to the right, as to be unrecognisable from the conservatives. Benn and Foot were old labour, as is JC, so yes he has returned the party to it's roots.
    Half your wages don't go to feeding the poor either, stop reading the Daily Mail. Oh and as for the lovely Maggie...http://theleveller.org/2015/09/british-really-laughing/
    Last edited by Mitch9128; 23-09-15 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    The roots of the labour party were never with Bliar or Milliband, they had moved new labour so far to the right, as to be unrecognisable from the conservatives. Benn and Foot were old labour, as is JC, so yes he has returned the party to it's roots.
    Half your wages don't go to feeding the poor either, stop reading the Daily Mail.
    .... or this thread ; )

Platinum Member
    Trev, this forum is dead, no one hardly posts on here, at least this is getting people talking, or are you suggesting censorship?

Mitch, merely pointing out that if you suggest stop reading the Daily Mail as some of what it prints may not quite be 100% factually correct (god forbid!) then it's probably best to do the same with this thread on the same basis.

Certainly not suggesting censorship, at least of this type of subject and content. I do agree the forum is pretty quiet, probably down to relatively small number of members, not sure though that political 'debate' is the way to drag bikers to their keyboards. Probably that most have better things to do than browse forums - that reminds me, I should be working, wages to earn, taxes to pay and all that ; )
    Last edited by Trev; 23-09-15 at 04:53 PM.

From what I'm told, the forums aren't helped by the fact that there is so much political based debate and conspiracy mentality.

Having said that, I don't have time or inclination to start censoring or dictating what is and isn't allowed to be discussed, so I'd rather find some other way of enthusing people to talk about motorbikes like they used to
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    From what I'm told, the forums aren't helped by the fact that there is so much political based debate and conspiracy mentality.

Having said that, I don't have time or inclination to start censoring or dictating what is and isn't allowed to be discussed, so I'd rather find some other way of enthusing people to talk about motorbikes like they used to
    Dabz, I think the forum punches pretty well for its weight, you have a relatively small number of members and catchment area after all. As for examples of enthusing people to talk about bikes look no further than the recent postings by House on his 650 Yam and 'nearly bike', that guy should get a regular TV slot let alone the odd forum thread ; )

Diamond Member
    James, you know how much I respect you and enjoy WBs. I deliberately didn’t start a thread on the Labour leadership result for the very reason outlined in your post. However, I only contributed after I thought it was a topic other members were happy to discuss. Personally speaking, I have never understood why users of forums, be it biking or cricket or any other, which have a general chat section, complain about too much of this or too much of that subject under discussion because it does not interest them. It is what it says on the tin, ‘non bike chat’ or ‘non cricket chat’. If I have no interest in a topic under discussion under any section I simply give it a body-swerve and move on to something that does interest me. It always baffles me when people come on Facebook and complain about X factor after sitting watching it for an hour and a half. Lol. Let’s talk bikes.
    Last edited by redken1; 23-09-15 at 05:37 PM.

No worries at all Ken it's always good to have debate, as long as it doesn't turn in to bickering!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers