Notices

Thread: Local boy done good...

Hybrid View

Diamond Member
    Ecstatic, now that New Labour is Old Labour and Old Labour is New Labour and the tail has moved back to the back of the dog, where it should be, I applied to join yesterday. Not to sit on my arse, but to become active and hopefully pass on some of my many years of political campaigning experience to the many new young members who feel connected and energised by the leadership campaign. Oh how the right wing media and politicians took the piss out of him, so we should thank them for helping Corbyn to win this historic unprecedented victory. Who are the 'commies' and the 'real British' people?' Perhaps the tide is turning after 36 years of right of centre governments. I followed the rise of the SNP and the more the British mainstream media and 3 right wing unionist parties mocked them the more popular they became. The old muck slinging is not working anymore. Joe Public will get sick of it eventually. Let us not forget that all the other 3 leadership candidates stood on a pro austerity ticket and Corbyn obliterated them with nearly 60% of the vote from across the spectrum of the party. 5 more years of cuts and I think you might see a change of mood in the country and of course the EU question will play a big part in deciding the next election. Half the Tory party want in and half want out. Not a done deal and all to play for.
    Last edited by redken1; 16-09-15 at 06:46 AM.