Notices

Thread: New Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Welcome to WB. . Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Spot on mate ! That stretch of road is Scourie to Ullapool it's actually one of my favourite bits of road too
    Nice one. It's great up there isn't it, apart from the rain...I've been up twice and if I get dry roads half the time I count myself lucky! The scenery is still impressive when it's wet just not the riding. I went for the first time in 2011 and again 2013. When was the last time you were up there?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    My first bike DT50 and not long back from Alps myself ... Good man!
    Cool, what are you riding now? I've done all my recent trips on the 636 and although it has it's obvious benefits certain parts of my body certainly paid for them...

If I could afford to go more regularly I think I'd seriously look at some more forgiving machinery!

Thanks all for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Nice one. It's great up there isn't it, apart from the rain...I've been up twice and if I get dry roads half the time I count myself lucky! The scenery is still impressive when it's wet just not the riding. I went for the first time in 2011 and again 2013. When was the last time you were up there?
    You've got to love the rain and the midges , it keeps the place semi- empty . I was last there in 2012 up the east over the top and down the West side . Did you manage to get over Applecross while you were there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    You've got to love the rain and the midges , it keeps the place semi- empty . I was last there in 2012 up the east over the top and down the West side . Did you manage to get over Applecross while you were there ?
    Yes mate, the Bealach? Went over twice because the first time I was leaning against the wind and the rain! Visibility was terrible too. But the second time it was fine and was able to enjoy the views and over to Skye.

Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Yes mate, the Bealach? Went over twice because the first time I was leaning against the wind and the rain! Visibility was terrible too. But the second time it was fine and was able to enjoy the views and over to Skye.
    Hi and welcome, I'm up to Jockland next week and hoping to take the bike if weather is half decent and meeting itinerary allows. I was there back in May and had 3 days riding the West coast and Skye (including Applecross) in glorious sunshine, not a cloud. I think next week may be a little different ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Hi and welcome, I'm up to Jockland next week and hoping to take the bike if weather is half decent and meeting itinerary allows. I was there back in May and had 3 days riding the West coast and Skye (including Applecross) in glorious sunshine, not a cloud. I think next week may be a little different ; )
    You had some luck there mate! I stayed for four days in the Kyle right next to Skye and was rained on every day except for the last afternoon. The day I left was totally clear and that's when I went up the Bealach again on my way to Ullapool. Loch Maree was beautiful that day. Have a good ride, you never know with the weather so the old cliche works - hope for the best but plan for the worst!

Hello and welcome

Hello and welcome to the group
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Welcome..