Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
Just looked at the right hand turning off the A30 before Salisbury from Andover that leads over to old Sarum bring them over from Stockbridge. Drivers come up the hill off the dual carriageway at mad speeds and the road is thin in comparison. It looks much safer to drop a marker on the minor turn just off the A30 and they would be in full view. They should still be in sight. It is such a fast road. All of the other turns are fine. The guys are well experienced I'm with too, four ex london bike plod and an instructor amongst them. Rode with them through Europe before on rides. But always good to get other experienced riders point of view on here as I generally don't lead.... yes would love to come on some Wiltshire ride outs, as is always the case they haven't been convenient times. Although I do try and get out for a couple of hours sometime on a Friday to Sunday
If this is the turning I think it is (after Figsbury Rings on the Salisbury side), then an alternative is to continue on the main road, down to the next roundabout, and then take the third exit which would then join up with the bottom of the road your would have turned down if taking the right turn. Would add about 5 mins to the journey time in total.