Notices

Thread: Any business owners on here?

1. Any business owners on here? 
    I've created a new review-style website for businesses in Wiltshire.

www.reviewthem.uk

This is in the very early stages so it's definitely lacking in traffic and listings. However, it has got to start somewhere, so if you own or are part of a business that relies on customer reviews, please visit the page and submit your business.

Also, please feel free to let me know of any improvements I can make to the site to make it more user friendly etc.

Thanks,

Tom.

Hi, as a business owner ,(possibly soon to be ex), be careful regarding Libel laws. what someone might write as a review could end you up in trouble , http://www.hg.org/defamation.html there is a mention on this link regarding facebook. the problem could be someone making up or getting someone else to make up a false statement or review. there are a few riders in the area that I know have been treated bad by bike shops that could get 'mates' to write bad reviews....
    not saying they would BUT.... as owner of the review site you could be visited by Police or shop owners

Diamond Member
    Hi Tom,
    I've no real suggestions, but I think depending on what you want out of it, it could be a very long, slow haul you are beginning.
    If it's just a "hobby" thing it may be fun, but if your intention is to earn money from it eventually I think it will be so hard it will be almost impossible.
    It's a bit like the many local directories, who would use them when they have a few hundred entries when you an go online to Google.
    I suspect that the only review sites that will be successful in the long term will be those that have big money to put into them at the beginning.

As Wheelers says above there's also other things to take into account including if it gets bigger how are you going to verify that all entries are legitimate (good or bad ones) You only have to look at sites like Argos (product reviews) to read ones that are so obviously false (people getting over excited with their new pot of floor paint etc).

Sorry to be so negative, but if it's just a bit of fun or to help the local community this needn't put you off ;-)
    Cheers
    Gerry