can I object to the way of thinking here!!!
I had an off in April when a car pulled out In front of me , when I was doing around 5mph. I got up we spoke and all seemed ok. 2 days later get a stiff neck and pain in hip. I left it around a month and chased the insurance to see if driver was claiming as I had heard nothing but as a trade policy I needed to know. no claim her side but I was asked a few questions about myself.
the resultant 2 months later Im getting physio for neck, shoulder back and hip pain. I have a job to move without naproxine until 8am and get restless sleep. the physio says all symptoms are typical from whiplash or car type accidents. Yes , it is genuine pain and I do have a job moving to the extent I have only ridden bikes twice since April. I now have what resembles sciatica, a burning pain in the hips and buttocks.
the general reason for not complaining first apparently was adrenaline flowing, which is why I got up and rode away.. not that easy now...
I was ok on the 4th April, if I get a payout then its not for nothing. don't confuse with those professional car drivers who slam their brakes on in front of you.
each case has its own merits, its not greed. although your car driver was safe in his box he may be trying it on, you wont know