Some of you may recall or even been there when I had my off last December.

It's now seven months later and insurance renewal time. Two separate letters a month apart state the third party hasn't claimed and the case will be filed, but then the renewal arrives stating the renewal premium has risen and there's a claim being processed? Several phone calls later I find out the car owners (enterprise hire) haven't filed a claim to date, but the driver of the stationary vehicle has so far claimed £3000+ for his personal injury. Thinking this is some sort of mistake I decide to call the driver to seek clarification, I politely explain who I am and explain I'm having problems with my insurance. To my amazement he awkwardly confirms he has made a small claim because he suffered some kind of whiplash injury to his shoulder, resulting from my bike sliding along the road and glancing against the side of the car. So now I'm stuffed by a dubious claim from the driver even though the damage was clearly caused to the vehicle. The driver was clearly not shaken or affected by the incident and even told me he use to ride himself.

Obviously, I'm not naive or unaware of the claim culture we've all inflicted upon ourselves. However, I can honestly say I would not have even considered claiming if I was the driver in this scenario.

Am I wrong, out of touch or is society really that shallow. As an older colleague of mine quotes, "nowadays everybody knows there rights, but few know what's right". Where will the madness end?

?