Notices

Thread: Tom Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tom Tom 
    Elo all,

I'm of to France 14 Aug for a trip on the bike over 4 days,, as this is the first time, i was wondering if any one has a tom tom i able to borrow for said trip........

if the trip goes ok and i enjoy it then ill invest in to a tom tom, but see no point until I've tried it lol

Many thanks :-)
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

jack, cant help but you will need brackets and electric supply preferably waterproof holder as well.

Platinum Member
    I have a psu cable if you need it, fraid i just use iphone miself.

Banned
    I have a backup tom tom which is just a start 25 (low end car). You might be able to use it in the map pocket of a tank bag but the screen isn't that bright especially viewed off the prime angle. You would also want power to it while in use as a full charge doesn't go very far.

I have used mine for 4 Europe trips everybody on the trips loves the plan twisty route function. So just buy one! Plus the time is very accurate for trips. I'm sorry I can't lend it to you as I use it nearly every trip to keep an eye on journey times etc

cheers any how, may have to use mobi in a tank bag,, just need the usb connector to batt

Platinum Member
    Get a cigarette lighter socket to batt, then a usb adapter for that, you can power other stuff like air pumps etc from that then.

Agree with Mitch , I bought an accessary cigarette lighter socket from ALdi £2.99, 3 cigarette sockets and 2 usb sockets built in, cut off the male cigarette lighter plug, fitted and inline fuse and attached straight to battery terminals, all tucked under the saddle with a 2m usb lead under the tank to a phone case on the handlebars and use my phone as a sat nav,and mp3 player via bluetooth,done 12,000 miles so far without a problem

Banned
    Keep in mind roaming data can be expensive abroad - so ideally get a sat nav solution on your phone which will work offline. I found google maps on my iphone in france got so costly I ended up stopping at Mcdonalds instead for free wifi to see where to go next.

Some networks will be better though - Three now looks like you can get roaming data in some countries from your monthly data bundle.

hmmm good idea ,,didnt think about the roaming