Notices

Thread: Biggest prat I've ever seen!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I saw a post on FB from Swindon, guy had a prang in Swindon, shorts and T shirt according to witness.... life changing injuries they said ouch!!!
    Counting down until my next ride out!

So last night on a ride out I was behind a van who was following two push bikes on a down hill stretch. These guys on the push bikes were in shorts and t-shirt (spandex type) with a helmet and no gloves. The fastest we were doing down the hill was 60mph, and thats behind the two guys on these bikes, they were all over the damned place but nobody kicks off and moans when they do these speeds in relation to their lack of protective clothing.

We can all make our own choice, we may not agree with it but its each persons own choice. Live and let live!

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Dave View Post
    So last night on a ride out I was behind a van who was following two push bikes on a down hill stretch. These guys on the push bikes were in shorts and t-shirt (spandex type) with a helmet and no gloves. The fastest we were doing down the hill was 60mph, and thats behind the two guys on these bikes, they were all over the damned place but nobody kicks off and moans when they do these speeds in relation to their lack of protective clothing.

We can all make our own choice, we may not agree with it but its each persons own choice. Live and let live!
    I agree Dave. The biking fraternity and the wider community can educate on the perils of insufficient protective clothing and then it is up to the individual to make an informed choice.

In Italy and Spain it is extremely common to see riders on bikes and Scooters wearing next to nothing.
    Last edited by redken1; 24-07-15 at 11:40 AM.

I've been 60 mph (+) on a pushbike both in shorts / t-shirt and in school uniform (without a helmet). Problem comes trying to negotiate a 90° bend on ¾ inch tyres !
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Knees @ 15mph, hit a cattle grid on a bend, made it over but down hard on the gravel on the other side, only last week. It was a mountain bike before anyone says i should have had full leathers on
    Attached Images

ouch! makes me cringe!

Hope you are healing well
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    Knees @ 15mph, hit a cattle grid on a bend, made it over but down hard on the gravel on the other side, only last week. It was a mountain bike before anyone says i should have had full leathers on
    Iodine on the legs, cider in the mouth...sorted. Hope your back out again quickly.

How many folks out there who rode through the 70s,80,90s have the honesty to say that they jumped on their bikes wearing jeans,t shirts and a cut off when it got hot ?
    I imagine the ones saying never are throwing us a porkie or two ...

Saw a guy on a V twin the other day in the usual bike club kit - back patches et al but wearing beige espadrilles, not saying anything about it other than it looked unusual!

Quote Originally Posted by wasted_ace View Post
    How many folks out there who rode through the 70s,80,90s have the honesty to say that they jumped on their bikes wearing jeans,t shirts and a cut off when it got hot ?
    I imagine the ones saying never are throwing us a porkie or two ...
    70's ??? Waxed cotton (tartan lining jkt., quilted trousers) and wellies with overmits (no fingers, grip awful). Up and down the M4 to London multiple times in all winds and weathers incl. thunderstorms. Never got wet once.