Notices

Thread: Biggest prat I've ever seen!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Biggest prat I've ever seen! 
    So we've all seen bikers chancing it in on warm days with limited clothing but for me today was the epitome of stupidity. I'm a WB'er working in Portsmouth and on the M275 today was overtaken at 70mph by a bloke on a sport bike wearing:

trainers
    swimming shorts
    helmet

absolutely nothing else, he was filtering round HGVs and all sorts. I thought to myself if he crashes you'd need a jet was to get him off the Tarmac!

I'd rather sweat and live!

Moonraker

Dear god! I thought the idiot I saw today down Salisbury way was bad enough - he was on a big suzy wearing helmet T shirt short & flip flops.

Your prat beats mine hands down!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I'm guilty of this the weekend just gone, popping into town - half a mile away. A little way down the road, you just don't feel safe, it feels odd - you think to yourself, you're not enjoying it now.. Then the Liveleak.com and Ogrish.com images come rushing back. Then you know you've been a knob head.

This guy, well, he bins it - we all know the result. However people are different, riding a motorbike is a calculated risk. Maybe he thought he didn't wanna sweat in leathers for however long his journey was, and thought potentially months of rehab and picking gravel out of his extremities, maybe a couple of limbs amputated (or much worse) seemed a better option. I traveled 5 miles to work today, I had my Frank Thomas invincibility suit on, it wasn't done up all the way, I had shorts and t shirt on. Sat in the pool - got out dried the drips out of my clothing, put on my leathers with damp shorts and tshirt, out on the bike. LOVELY.

Platinum Member
    As soon as the weather hots up, the same boring old posts surface. Hands up those who smoke? That's the most stupid thing anyone can ever do, yet people stand there flicking ash, and tut tutting at people who are not CE armoured up to the gills.

Yes, Mitch, we are all the same - full of holier than thou ****. Personally I am glad I was wearing the full leather kit on the lovely summers evening when I hit a deer and slid some distance down the road. Of course the leathers were ruined with gravel rash not to mention the air ambo's scissors but I don't have a scratch on me from the road.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Rode into work today, 160 miles round trip, full leathers, boots/gloves etc, it was my personal choice though. As someone whos slid down the road at 70+, i wouldn't like to do it in shorts either, but i don't go up to smokers and tell them they're thick as mince too

.... Just back from trip to Bordeaux, for the Aquitaine Bike Fest. It got up to 38, .... we missed to 41 degree C. Very tempting to take off the leathers and gloves, which I did when riding within the campsite, but never on the road. It's a personal choice, I guess. Most of the other 2000 riders wore some leathers or other protective kit. .... . Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

I'll keep wearing leathers, helmet, boots and gloves as long as Valentino Rossi does. If he needs protection when riding, sure as hell I do!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugsyB View Post
    I'll keep wearing leathers, helmet, boots and gloves as long as Valentino Rossi does. If he needs protection when riding, sure as hell I do!
    I doubt there's a track anywhere that would let you in dressed otherwise, however i'd lay a tenner you don't mean on the track, nor do you ride as fast as him.
    Last edited by Mitch9128; 20-07-15 at 10:15 AM.

Chap who comes to our RD club rally
    Attached Images