Notices

Thread: Specs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^^^made me laugh Toph ^^^^

I used daily disposable contact lenses for years, they were good.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I ride sometimes with glasses and sometimes with contacts. Prefer contacts if I am doing long days in the saddle, as glasses can make you sore behind the ears.
    Take your helmet with you to the opticians, (I am at an age where I don't care if I look stupid!), and make sure that which ever style you choose, that it fits comfortably.
    You may want to consider changing your helmet, if your current helmet does not accommodate glasses very well. Look for one where there is a "hollow" where your ears go,
    and there is a gap between the foam inserts for the frame of the glasses to sit in. I also prefer glasses with thin/no rims, makes overall vision a bit clearer. Modern plastic lenses do not seem to mist up as much.

Platinum Member
    I have worn glasses but, for me contacts are a much better option.
    Try them - its just a case of finding the right ones for your lifestyle....
    Last edited by Rabb; 25-06-15 at 08:04 PM.

Personally I hate riding wearing my speccies. Disposable contacts when on bike for me, if only I found it easier taking them out at the end of the day.

I've worn daily disposable contact lenses when riding my bike for years and get on really well with them. I do however always carry a couple of spares in my pocket which I have used a few times when I've had something go in my eye. I'd be stuck without them as my prescription is -5.

I've found glasses to be manageable with my Caberg, but much prefer to use contacts. 30 day day/night contacts cost £12 a month from specsavers, and are bloody comfy most of the time

Contact lenses for me, Ive worn glasses before but got fed up with trying to jam them into the sides of the helmet, as well as Toph, ive tried to take my lid off whilst still wearing them! plus I dont need them all the time so end up having to carry the case around as well

Daily disposables are my first choice as they provide much better peripheral vision and also don't shake about on your nose when the going gets rough. This can be interesting as I wear vari-focals and can end up looking through the 'reading' part as well as the distance bit. Fortunately I can get away with not having the near vision correction whilst riding and driving and still be able to see the speedo etc.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!