Notices

Thread: advice please, looking for a comfy Sports Tourer to replace Sprint ST 1050? ZZR??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. advice please, looking for a comfy Sports Tourer to replace Sprint ST 1050? ZZR?? 
    Needs to be hype fast and comfy for Euro touring, able to munch miles and not cripple me? Suggestions welcome, please don't mention a GS I'm not that way inclined !!
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Have you thought about a Hayabusa? I have a 2005 fitted with Heli-bars, gel seats and full Krauser pannier and top box luggage system. Have toured France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg a couple of years ago. Seriously fast and comfortable for rider and pillion. A bit heavy at standstill, but that weight disappears once moving. Much prefer it to the VFR800 I had previously which I found too sporty a riding position - putting too much weight on my wrists and giving me pain in the knees. It is also the most comfortable bike that I have owned in my wife's opinion. And contrary to belief, it does go round corners

I ride a Yamaha FZ1, totally comfortable to ride, great riding position and plenty of power as it has the same engine as the R1.
    My wife rides pillion with me and she says it's comfy on the back too.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    I ride a Yamaha FZ1, totally comfortable to ride, great riding position and plenty of power as it has the same engine as the R1.
    My wife rides pillion with me and she says it's comfy on the back too.
    I own the same and can only echo what Chris is saying. Would add, excellent handling and awesome brakes. A lot of the parts taken from the R1 albeit an older model. If your budget will stretch Shifty worth a test on the new Yam MT09 models.

Platinum Member
    I know of a K1300GT for sale. 10 plate £7500. Owner leaving the country.
    The pros are very comfy, top of the range equipment and real mile muncher.
    Cons are that theses are really heavy and expensive to maintain.

Thanks everybody, I haven't considered those, I will have a good read up. I thought about the K1300GT but I have a bit of a GS aversion and I didnt want to get tarred with same brush.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Shifty, I know you said no to a GS, and I too had the same aversion to you, then I went and had a test ride on one. Totally converted me and was grinning throughout the ride. So much so I ended up buying a more expensive version than the one I test ride. Just a thought.

I know Daytona I would no doubt enjoy it but it's not my bag. It's a damn popular bike!

Only one bike ..the Blackbird...get bar risers and lower pegs if your that cripped. 'cough' I just so happen to have one available at reasonable price if interested and one of really low mileage and that would be available but ,obviously, more cash.. Often in Calne too..in fact was today.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog View Post
    Shifty, I know you said no to a GS, and I too had the same aversion to you, then I went and had a test ride on one. Totally converted me and was grinning throughout the ride. So much so I ended up buying a more expensive version than the one I test ride. Just a thought.
    I was exactly the same too - just couldn't get comfy with the whole image thing and then there's the Ewan and Charly factor too! I test rode a K1300GT which was a great bike but the same type of ride as my older K. I took a GS Adventure out for a test ride as I was there and couldn't stop grinning after 30 seconds. You simply cannot explain it to someone who's never ridden one and you don't have to pretend you're going round the world either. For me at 6'3" its the only bike I've ever been comfortable on for long distance and the handling is a hoot. It's insanely quick around bendy B roads and anyone can ride fast in a straight line