Notices

Thread: I see your point

1. I see your point 
    There are quite a few people on here that don't like cyclists.
    As a keen cyclist I generally disagree.....until now.

Driving to work this morning down a lane, with parked cars on my right, I saw a cyclist coming towards me with his daughter on the crossbar. Naturally I assumed he would stop behind the obstruction on his side of the road 1. Because I was already coming through and 2. BECAUSE ITS THE LAW!!!
    How wrong I was.
    He plowed on, trying to squeeze through the gap then punched my brand new, £22,000 van.

This idiot not only endangered his life but that of his daughter then somehow blamed me.
    Unfortunately people like him give the rest of us a bad name.
    When he gets out of hospital I hope he acts in a more courteous manner towards other road users.

Yup, there are some ignorant T***ts around
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Being a dick head is independent to the mode of transport you use, the colour of your skin, the language you speak, your sexual orientation, your star sign or any other grouping - there are dick heads from all works of like, always have been, always will be. Fortunately the ratio of dick heads to 'normal' people is relatively small ; )

I had a similar experience myself the other day with a fella cycling with a little girl on the handlebars, I'm sure if we were to do that on a motorcycle we would get the book thrown at us!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Diamond Member
    Were they wearing Lycra? That would explain a lot. Lol

Diamond Member
    As a cyclist I would agree with everyone except Ken

Diamond Member
    HaHa ha Graeme. On a serious note. Coming back from attending a funeral in Scotland last Saturday we pulled into a services. There were 4 disabled bays at the entrance of which 2 were occupied by vehicles with disabled drivers The remaining 2 by 2 motorbikes, 1 in each bay. As Trev rightly points out, the users of no particular mode of transport hold a monopoly on dickheadity. They come in all forms.

They could have been disabled riders, might have been NABD members. Could have at least shared a bay though...
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    They could have been disabled riders, might have been NABD members. Could have at least shared a bay though...
    That was my thoughts Judy, could have shared a bay.
    Last edited by redken1; 21-05-15 at 07:28 AM.